Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Lead the eCommerce Buying and eCommerce Buying Allocation teams to meet the organization’s sales, range efficiency and stock turn objectives across own eCommerce and e-platforms.
Objective & Target:
- Support the achievement of commercial KPI’s, including Net Sales, Operating Working Capital, and margin primarily to positively impact top line growth and bottom line contribution.
- Ensure we buy what sells at full price, with clear strategies to support the clearance of terminal stock, and planned production for clearance environments.
- Ensure commonality, range overlap and clear segmentation between eCommerce (eCom) platforms based on consumer profile and preferences.
- Work in partnership with the new Category and Assortment Planning functions with Concept to Consumer to build appropriate ranges.
- Appropriate ranges defined as those which directly match consumer requirements, and balance both commercial drivers and brand building moments.
- Leverage the existing relationship with Direct to Consumer (DtC) with commonality and overlap where it applies between DtC and newly separated eCom channels, and at country / cluster level in APAC.
- Closely manage Open To Buy across all eCom platform.Build depth behind the width provided by Concept to Consumer.
- Apply the same Store clustering approach to eCom that builds range width ensuring proactive input to ensure these ranges reflect our current and future store / platform portfolio.
- Ensure any risks to Open To Buy budget are aligned with Finance and Senior Leadership.
- Allocation, both initial and ongoing is timely to ensure maximum product availability and maximum conversion and consumer experience.
- Allocating to each e-platform, the products selected from the product team by performing regular and accurate check on master data, product descriptions and other sizing information.
- Maintain eCom inventory accuracy by assisting the implementation of cycle count and stock taking plans.
- Support Omnichannel Marketing launch / campaign calendar, ensuring stock available for published / pre-aligned retail intro date, and that there is aligned support for additional marketing activities, or promotional events.
- Ensure full transparency on sell through, best sellers / slow sellers, overlap, retail intro’s, product delays, product drops, incremental opportunities are shared proactively with channel heads.
- Analyze sales data to identify business trends, translating the market needs to sales opportunities for stores.
- Analyze eCom business against inventory level, stores’ inventory and develop action plans to increase sales and stock efficiency.
- Track future seasons to ensure that the pre-order is in line with sales trend.
- Demand forecasting and Stock Planning.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with the team through communicating business issues and cooperation needs to the team and constantly invite for feedbacks.
- Proactively focus on self and team development, encouraging optimal performance through a commitment to learning and enhancement of competencies within the team.
- Regularly re-evaluate the effectiveness of the structure and the tools and ways of working that may enhance or hinder work-place and task efficiency.
- Ensure clear focus on succession planning, and bi-lingual communication as an additional catalyst for career progression within the department.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Microsoft Outlook-Advanced / Word – Advanced / Excel – Advanced / PowerPoint – Advanced
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Social Sciences; MBA preferred or equivalent professional experience, ideally in eCommerce
- Minimum 5 years of retail experience in an international company
- 5 to 7 years experience in purchasing, buying or sale
- Advanced level both English and Japanese language
- Head of Retail
- Omnichannel Marketing Director
- Concept to Consumer Team including Category and Assortment Planning
- Demand Planning and Financial Planning and Analysis Team