The Senior Manager of Finance will be the primary business partner for the Japan Commercial/Country business leader and Operations leaders.This individual will be responsible for all financial planning, accounting, compliance and local statutory reporting activities.As a business partner, this role provides financial leadership in analyzing trends and alerting management to potential issues as well as aligning with site and functional leaders to drive the business for optimal results.At the same time this position must maintain a dual role of providing financial expertise to meet all compliance requirements. Senior Manager will oversee a team of accounting and finance professionals who support both the commercial and manufacturing organizations.
- Analyze variations from forecasts and prior periods to provide accurate explanations for variances and support country manager and operations managers in determining effective countermeasures.
- Provide leadership in improving financial results in the area of revenue, operating profit and working capital.
- Reviews and manages balance sheet and cash flows of the country.
- Directs the consolidation and/or reporting of actual results, including for GAAP and statutory purposes, as applicable for the country.
- Drives overall budgeting, forecasting and analysis with clear insights and decisions to support the corporate initiatives and regional growth.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Builds and enforces a culture of compliance and fiscal responsibility.
- Serves as finance expert and advisor for business critical projects including acquisitions, investments, cost analyses, etc. aligning and collaborating with the global finance and business organizations as needed.
- Supports local leaders with ad hoc reporting to support many day-to-day business decisions for commercial and operations.
- Ensure financial reporting is accurate, timely and relevant and provides direction on a forward-looking basis to support business decisions.
- May manage key processes and metrics; forecasts, budgets, product line pricing and margins, win/loss retention. Daily management of KPIs is a continuous improvement activity integral to this position.
- Leads a cross disciplined team of finance and accounting professionals to improve business processes and business support.
- Develops financial staff through coaching, counseling, and evaluating associates.Hires strong talent with a focus on succession planning.
- Coordinates with external auditors to ensure support is provided to complete audit work; stays abreast of accounting changes.
- Provide quarterly finance updates at site Town Halls or communications.
- Native Japanese and Fluent English