GIC Real Estate
The Real Estate (RE) arm of GIC invests in real estate and real estate-related assets outside of Singapore.We manage a well-diversified portfolio covering over 40 countries in property sectors such as office, retail, hospitality, residential, industrial, niche sectors and corporates.
Real Estate – Japan
The key role of the Japan team is to implement GIC RE’s strategy to build its global real estate portfolio, with the primary objective of achieving superior long-term risk-adjusted returns. We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Japan team as an Associate / AVP.
- Support colleagues to undertake annual asset planning and manage assets within assigned portfolio in accordance to business plans.
- Assist in analyzing, structuring, negotiating, recommending and when approved, closing new deals including working on due diligence and legal documentation
- Monitor asset performance against market and ensure that asset performance targets and target returns are achieved.
- Carry out asset management activities of properties, including tracking performance on a monthly basis with budget and underwriting, periodical reporting to management, assisting in identifying potential issues and suggest solutions pertaining to the properties.
- Assist the team in analyzing performance of the existing portfolio and reporting to management on a regular basis.
- Provide assistance to VPs and SVPs in business development and relationship management.
- Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics, Business or a similar discipline. Engineering, Physics, Math, etc.
- At least 1-3 years’ relevant working experience in investment and/or asset management, banking, consulting, accounting.
- Understanding of basic DCF models and highly proficient in Excel.
- Exposure to the Japanese market will be advantageous.
- Team player with good analytical, communication and interpersonal skills, looking for a career on the buyside.
- Bilingual in Japanese and English.