MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Are you looking to apply your client service, project management, and analytical skills while deepening your understanding of asset management? Our Client Management team is seeking a professional who is looking to partner with our diversified client base and global business counterparts to provide best in- class client experience to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is the investment management arm providing global investment opportunities to a substantial and diversified client base including institutions, governments and high net worth individuals.GSAM has become one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally, with responsibility for Over $1.15tn in assets under supervision.Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals in order to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.GSAM Operations is part of the Federation division of Goldman Sachs and It consists of three broad functional areas, Client Management, Trade Management, and Position and Data Control, all of which work in a dynamic environment where control, client service and excellence in execution are fundamental principles.
The Client Reporting team within Client Management has primary responsibility for all aspects of portfolio reporting for our domestic Japanese client base.As part of the teams’ strategy, we are working to provide systematic solutions to client reporting needs where possible and are thus partnered with the internal functions team to strive for a higher level of automation and associated risk management controls.These functions a wide range of clients and a complex product range, which include equities, fixed income, currency and derivatives, private equities, and hedge funds. involves extensive interaction with internal and external parties to ensure effective oversight for existing business and also to shape and implement reporting solutions for new clients, products, strategies, and system architecture.The group continues to focus on best in-class client experience and working closely with the business to maintain and enhance client relationships.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Be part of our efforts to build a best-in-class team and infrastructure to deliver to our Clients.
- Holistic ownership and understanding of client accounts, reporting requirements and deliverables across multiple frequencies
- Interpret and determine client reporting requirements from legal documentation and business discussions to supporting all client report-related events.
- Create bespoke reporting according to client and/or regulatory specifications; interact with Business and Technology teams to ensure accuracy of data sources.
- Proactively review indicators of operational issues/concerns with the goal of resolving such issues before client impact.
- Provide governance and transparency for Client reporting deliverables
- Provide effective thought leadership in navigating evolving financial regulatory landscape and helping to develop technological solutions to build appropriate architecture
- Scalability analysis of workflow cost drivers and trends to help drive process improvements and efficiency, budgeting and cost allocation to various revenue producing desks
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the Asset Management industry (asset managers, trust banks, etc.)
- Knowledge of financial products, terms, and finance and account analytics
- Experience in portfolio reporting, data handling/management, or familiarity with coding and technology tools is highly beneficial
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented and strong consensus builder
- Attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure to provide practical solutions
- Risk management focus
- Fluency in written and verbal Japanese
- Strategic thinker with strong facilitation and data gathering skills
- Fluency in English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, stakeholders and the communities we serve to grow.Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do.We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs.Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process.Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity