MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world.In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation.For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Treasury Services is a sub division of the Operations Division.As a global, multi-faceted and cross-product sub division, our primary objectives are to: lead the development of new payments-centric businesses, while building scale and improving agility to adapt to a rapidly changing payment landscape; act as a first line of defense for control and governance to protect the firm’s financial assets; and incorporate differentiated client service to be best in class. Treasury Services is a growing subdivision globally, with regional presence in Tokyo, Singapore , Bengaluru, London, Warsaw, New Jersey, New York, Dallas and Salt Lake City with all our offices working closely together as a global team.
The sub division has a rare opportunity to support products and businesses ranging across existing and new business lines, multiple payment types, and multiple client types, including franchise/institutional, consumer, transaction banking and corporate cash management sectors.We manage a wide range of complex processes, with members developing skills and competencies around cash management (payment controls, bank account management, settlements and reconciliations, claims), change management, regulatory requirements, and industry trends.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
This role will reside in Treasury Services Change Management primarily focusing on the set up of GS Bank USA Tokyo Branch and build out of our Transaction Banking offering, comprised of account, payment and liquidity services.This role will initially focus on delivering JPY clearing capability in the branch as well as the operational readiness to meet the regulatory obligations.The role will define the requirements, work with Products and Engineering team for the system developments and engage Operation teams locally/globally to develop BAU processes around the operation of the bank.The role also is expected to be familiar with the Japanese banking regulations and will be responsible for establishing the governance to meet the regulators’ expectation.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Hone your strong negotiation and relationship skills as you bring Operations, Engineering and Business project sponsors and stakeholders to the table to build complex solutions while balancing competing priorities
- Showcase your ability to be both practical and aspirational by scoping, defining and planning realistic but aggressive delivery expectations in conjunction with project stakeholders
- Demonstrate your business acumen through expert requirements gathering sessions where you elicit actionable functional specifications that can build real life systems
- Show that you have the ability to see the forest for the trees; understand strategic plans, business, process and architecture while you influence design and develop solutions.
- Demonstrate your precision and attention to detail during user acceptance testing and implementation, including building proactive risk mitigation practices into established guideline
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- In-depth knowledge of JPY clearing systems (BOJ Net, FXYCS and Zengin) and associated regulations, rules, market practices as well as the operational processes.
- Deep understanding of the banking related regulatory expectations/ rules in Japan
- Experience with running broad and complex implementation of new systems/processes in Payments and Liquidity Operations areas either as a subject-matter expert, product manager or project manager.
- Working to demanding timescales in a fast paces team working environment
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders
- Partnering with Federation and Business stakeholders to track and deliver joint goals
- Ability to balance strategic focus with tactical implementation/execution
- Developing a full understanding of relevant product and market knowledge
- Monitoring workstream performance and analyzing risks and barriers to progress
- Developing reporting and monitoring metrics, identifying issues and making recommendations to resolve
- Proven record of managing conflicts/complex issues with strong leadership, problem solving skills and effective communication
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience in JPY clearing, payment processing and transaction banking operations in Japan
- Native level fluency in Japanese to handle complex business documents and regulator communications.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Effective team-player with ability to impact and influence across organization and levels
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and time management skills
- Good organization skills to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong sense of detail and urgency, with the ability to motivate others to deliver
- Strong stakeholder management
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience in process design, BPM, LEAN/Six Sigma and/or other continuous improvement methodologies
- Experience in both waterfall and Agile project delivery methodology strongly preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, stakeholders and the communities we serve to grow.Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do.We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs.Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process.Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity