The SSGA AML/KYC Officer is the AML/KYC contact for the business and is expected to be fully conversant in all operational processes, policies and procedures relating to AML and KYC.The SSGA AML officer will work as part of a team that has ongoing responsibility for the First Line of Defense for the SSGA Japan AML and KYC programs.
As the SSGA AML/KYC Officer for Japan you are accountable for ensuring timely KYC (Customer Identification Program/Customer Due Diligence/Enhanced Due Diligence) for new client as well as on-going KYC reviews.You will report directly to the Head of Investment Operations Japan.
You will interact with various key stakeholders including Client facing teams, Japan MLRO as well as APAC equivalents, BU AMLO, Compliance Risk Monitoring Team, Shared Services AML CoE, BU AML CoE and Boston Head Office AML team to ensure coordination and timely completion of KYC and periodic review processes.
- Ensure the SSGA businesses in Japan is compliant with the State Street Global AML and Sanctions Policies, AML and Sanctions BU Standard Operating Procedures (“BU SOP”) and the Global KYC matrix requirements.
- Oversee that the KYC is timely completed for all SSGA Japan entities both before onboarding and at periodic reviews and event driven reviews by BU AML CoE supporting team.
- Provide oversight of outsourced activities, ensuring services are delivered according to SLAs and act as the business escalation point for issues.
- Perform transaction monitoring and detect any unusual or red flag activities.
- Act as an escalation point for PEP, AML, Negative News and Sanctions screening hits and ensure timely feedback for request for information (RFIs) raised by centralized screening teams. Ensure Unusual Activity Reports are completed and work with FIU on Suspicious Activity Reports as required to ensure timely reporting of UARs as per BU SOP.
- Review and update the Standard Operations Procedures of the Business Unit on an annual basis, and as required based on the Global AML toolkit releases
- Provide any BU AML / KYC metrics required for reporting (BU LE metrics, AMLOC metrics, Periodic reviews forecast, etc.)
- Review and understanding of new business products/opportunities and the inherent risks involved.
- Act as an escalation point for any business KYC/AML queries.
- Build strong partnership with our key stakeholders including BUAMLO, MLROs, client facing teams, key business partners.
- Participate as required to regional committee (APAC AMLOC) and ongoing Global AML working groups and Global trainings.
- Coordinate request from Compliance and Audit and provide required information on a timely manner.
- Experience, Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- University degree required
- 5+ years financial services experience including KYC/AML experience
- Broad based experience focused on risk management, or audit experience preferred
- Team player and self-motivated professional with the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong English language skills, both written and verbal
- Strong communications and organizational skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database application
- Business level Japanese language skill (write/speak) are plus.