Client Service, based in Tokyo is a mid-level position in Strategic Relationship Office.Client Service is expected to maintain an important client/Investment Managers of Trust Account contact and be responsible for the overall relationship of the client/investment managers including service related matters , change management, incident management as well as expansion of existing relationship through introduction of new products, and to drive our service coverage in line with the client’s strategy thus maximizing P/L of the account.The Client Service would be allocated a number of investment manager is based on size, product coverage and other factors.It is also required to work closely with Relationship Manager (RM), Operation in charge of individual products they cover, to ensure day-to-day engagement with the clients/Investment Managers by Client Service is in line with the overall strategy of the client.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS).SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions.From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As client service you will
- Report to Vise President of Client Service Team and work closely with not only other Client Service Staffs but Relationship Management, Operation and other departments (Risk, Legal, Compliance) to ensure client satisfaction is maintained
- Manage daily calls and emails for various inquiries, change requests, etc from Investment Managers
- Monitor service quality and all communications (incl. outstanding items) with Investment Managers of Trust Account
- Prepare periodical service review report for Investment Manager of Trust Account
- Conduct periodical service review meeting with Investment Manager of Trust Account in order to present and assess the quality of operational services and satisfaction
- Maintenance of Trust Account profile and Investment Manager related documents
- Report to client periodically (monthly, quarterly, annually) with reporting format defined by the client.
- Conduct periodical survey with Investment Manager of Trust Account to get assessment for our service and points to be improved
- Conduct analysis against survey result and provide feedback to relevant departments to discuss improvement plan
- Receive and evaluate change requests (eg ISDA/CSA, Futures agreement), and to coordinate with internal relevant departments, in order to maintain the balance of overall service quality against profitability of the account
- Work closely with Global AMS team for specific Investment Manager What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong client oriented mind set
- Good external and internal communication skills
- Self-developing mind set
- A quick learner to obtain wide range of industry and product knowledge in a fast changing global environment Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 3 years plus client service, global operations or relationship management related experience and/or capability, preferably in Trust or asset management industry
- 3 years plus team management experience
- Strategic and analytical skills to develop effective client engagements
- Administrative skills to effectively manage operational requests and issues
- Capable of using English and Japanese in both speaking and writing About State Street
What we do.State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world.From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry.For more than two centuries, we’ ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people.We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment.Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive.Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks.You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs.And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients.We warmly Welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader.You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers