GOLDMAN SACHS FIRM OVERVIEW
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
The Consumer and Investment Management Division works with clients, from individual investors to large financial institutions, to develop advanced portfolio management strategies to help them achieve specific goals for their own or their institution’s financial future.The division consists of Goldman Sachs Asset Management (Portfolio Management & Distribution), Private Wealth Management, and our Consumer business.For additional information on our businesses, please visit our Careers Website at ..
GOLDMAN SACHS ASSET MANAGEMENT (GSAM)
Goldman Sachs Asset Management is one of the world’s leading investment managers.With over 2,000 professionals across over 30 offices worldwide, GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. fixed income, money markets, public equity, commodities, hedge funds, private equity, and real estate.Our clients access these solutions through our proprietary strategies, strategic partnerships, and our open-architecture programs.Our investment teams represent over 700 investment professionals, Capitalizing on the market insights, risk management expertise, and technology of Goldman Sachs. We help our clients navigate today’s dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals.We extend these global capabilities to the world’s leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insu rance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices, for which we invest or advise on over $1 trillion of assets.
Multi Product Fund Group
The team is responsible for all aspects of Fund of Funds trading and FX transaction.In addition, the team also performs cash management.The team has a wide and deep level of interaction with Portfolio Managers and execution teams globally as well as Sales, Operations, Compliance and other servicing teams in Japan and Singapore.This role offers a unique opportunity to gain insight and understanding regarding overall process of client investment, fund trade, product structuring and business development.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Plan and execute of Fund of Fund trades, investing domestic and offshore funds
- Plan and execute Foreign currency spot and JPY hedge trades
- Manage cash in Funds with short-term money market products
- Work with Technology team to create systematic solutions to improve the execution capability of the team
- Work with wider business teams on a launch of new fund and new business ideas
- Provide ideas and support to fund structuring to meet clients’ investment needs
- Native level communication (reading & writing) skills in Japanese
- Fluent level communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to communicate with people both internally (ie Portfolio Managers, Compliance/Legal, and Infrastructure) and externally (ie Cash Brokers).
- Have an ability to understand regulatory rules and guidelines and apply them to MPFG transactions
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Organizational skills with flexibility and ability to set own priorities
- Reporting communication to managers
- Problem solving skills
- Excel, Word and Power Point
- 2 -3 years of experience in trading foreign currency or money market or FoF portfolio management is a plus.
- Knowledge of mutual funds and/or fund operation is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals.Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.