Responsible for developing business opportunities, technical and application based sales strategies, presenting and promoting Thermo Fishers’s products and solutions, maintaining a strong understanding of customer technical requirements for existing and future products, translating and communicating marketing collateral with emphasis into producing effective sales training, and Strengthening the complete workflow selling concept.
This position promotes long term business opportunities, while supporting short term sales cycles, consistent with workflow concept objectives.
Responsibilities and deliverables include:
- Provide market research and intelligence in academic and pharmaceutical industries
- Translate Global Workflow and application examples into regional sales and marketing collateral
- Customer visits, in close co-ordination with sales team to determine key application needs, decision criteria, competitive strengths and weaknesses, work with sales force in the promotion of Thermo Fisher products at trade shows
- Assist product marketing managers developing sales support materials including brochures, applications notes, product data sheets, competitive matrices, silver bullets and technical presentations
- Develop and present technical papers at professional symposia, author technical articles for trade press
- Develop and present training programs to the sales force to inform them of new products, solution applications, value statements, enhancements, or competitive issues
- Recommend, evaluate, and document Thermo Fisher and third party accessories
- Work with Nanoport demonstration lab staff to develop effective specialized demonstration techniques
- Technical support of customers / coordination with applications engineering
This position is ideal for an experienced professional wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Minimum master degree in Life Sciences or similar discipline, PhD is preferred
- Generally requires 1-2 years experience in a relevant technical environment using Electron microscopy
- Extensive experience in research using analytical equipment
- 1-2 years of Professional work experience a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills with a diverse audience is critical to the success of this position
- Ability to travel both domestically as well as internationally and possession of a valid passport
- Travel requirement 35-50%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally-protected status.
Please note that this position is not open to agencies and we will not accept any CVs through agencies.
Business Management, Corporate Strategy & Development
Thermo Fisher Scientific
is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific