Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Directly reporting to the Country Head for Japan, this role is accountable for all marketing, customer, data analytics, branding and communications activity for the business.The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that business decisions are made with full knowledge of the customer dimension and will play a key part in defining and executing strategies to help transform the organization to be customer-obsessed and digitally advanced.This role is critical and strategic in nature and expected to generate financial and non-financial values to the business across the organization.As a member of the Executive Committee, the incumbent will also be responsible for helping to set the overall strategic direction of the business unit in order to achieve Manulife Japan and Asia Division goals and business performance.
- Build and implement end-to-end marketing strategy throughout customer funnels.
- Continue to improve effectiveness (quality) and efficiency (cost) of digital lead acquisition and enhance sales conversion to deliver financial KPIs.
- Develop online and social media strategy and establish company official digital platforms; company website, mobile site and social media site to increase customer interaction and call to action activities as well as brand visibility.
- Establish customer engagement and retention programs and execute cross-sell/up-sell campaigns and frequent communications to customers through multiple touch points to deliver incremental revenue and enhance customer persistency.
- Enhance capabilities of user experience design (UX), user interface design (UI) by developing human centered design approach and establish shared service model for the entire business of the company.
- Build a capability for Journey Mapping to roll out across all episodes/functions within the organization.
- Champion and drive customer centricity culture and practices across the organization.
- Net Promoter Score: Lead organizational rollout and governance of NPS and continuous improvement for rNPS and tNPS, and drive increase in maturity level to transition NPS to be part of MLJ corporate culture.
- CXT (Customer Experience Transformation): Establish customer centered operating model and process design equipped with advanced digital technology and data analytics in the transformation of operation and business across the organization.Developed target journey mapping for key interactions to provide unsurpassed experience to customers.
- Enhance customer and market research capabilities to capture customer insight and emerging trends that are of interest of / concern to existing and potential customers.
- Create a culture of data-driven business decision making at the company.
- Establish a shared center of excellence to provide capabilities to the business across the company.
- Continue to drive analytics as a key business driver, targeting to deliver KPI in analytics value enablement.
- Drive customer segmentation efforts to help define customers for the MLJ business strategy.
- Build overall brand strategy aligned with global brand promise to establish Manulife as trusted and customer-centric brand with the objective to achieve a significant increase in brand awareness and brand preference in Japan.
- Establish governance model to ensure all materials to be aligned with global brand guideline and visual identity system.
- Develop effective promotional plans and provide branding support to sales promotional activities (events, seminars) to generate incremental financial values.
- Set measurement and monitor brand metrics and ROI with effective media mix to optimize efficiency in marketing expense.
Sponsorship and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- As a key part of the company’s overall brand positioning, accountable for planning and executing CSR strategies that complement and reinforce our key brand message.
- Focusing on our core strategic themes and aligned to global principles, create a sponsorship / partnership program that can differentiate us in the market and optimize branding and business opportunities.
- Develop internal communication plan to enhance employee engagement by delivering messages aligned with business strategy and brand mission by creating frequent online / offline communication opportunities between management and employees.
- Own the relationship with external media organizations and develop high media profile for the company and all public relations activities.
- Establish risk control communication process to manage and mitigate reputation risk.
- Contribute as a member of the Executive Committee to the strategic direction of the business unit.
- Responsible for the recruitment, development and motivation of the Customer and Marketing department staff to achieve the current and future business objectives.
- Support the effective operation of the regional management team and cooperate in the execution of key regional initiatives as a key member of regional and global Marketing community.
Job Requirements (Knowledge/Skills/Competencies):
- As an overriding requirement, exhibits the general competencies required of a Vice President at Manulife as described in the Leadership Competency Model
- Proven experience operating at officer level
- Strategic leadership skills and abilities
- Boldly creative
- High degree of business acumen
- Strong collaborative approach
- Attitude of empowerment
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Expert understanding and experience of the data lifecycle
- Advanced understanding and experience with Digital and data driven design
- Understanding of statistical methods to facilitate targeting, segmentation, revenue generation, retention and marketing campaigns
- Understanding of journey mapping, UX and UI design principles and best practices
- Experience in agile working model
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Experience and understanding of the Japanese insurance and financial marketplace
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better.With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock In the United States.We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions.At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers.As of March 31, 2020, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.8 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $30.4 billion in payments to our customers.Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years.We trade as’MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ’94. 5’in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer.We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment.A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at Any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation.Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.