Nielsen is building talent pipelines to meet future hiring demand.This is a pipeline role, while there is not an immediate opening, we want to build relationships with prospective candidates like you.If your background is a match to our requirements, we’ll follow up with an exploratory conversation.
Manager, Consumer Insights-70881
Client Services and Sales-Japan Tokyo, Tokyo
ABOUT THIS JOB
At Nielsen, our obsession in helping our clients to grow through a comprehensive understanding of consumer behavior leveraging on the ongoing innovation in technology is what motivates us.
Our work helps our clients set growth strategies and determines what products or services you ultimately see in the market and how our clients drive their marketing and trade strategies.
Working in this role, you will play a key role in the provision of strategic insight to our clients in the delivery of consumer research services by having a good understanding of their business issues and developing relevant consumer research solutions including integration across Nielsen’s business units while building and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Supervise a small client servicing team to ensure prompt delivery of service to the responsible clients in order to achieve the set financial objectives and other operational performance indicators
- Maintain an accurate, complete, up-to-date and insightful client business profiles to be shared with senior management
- Drive client satisfaction by providing insights and actionable recommendations during presentations or business reviews and also by providing value-added analyzes and response to special requests
- Undertake sales activities independently or in conjunction with senior staff in terms of preparation and delivery of proposal and credentials
- Ensure the generation of required revenue from the assigned client portfolio and proper contract costing in order to meet the agreed budget targets
- Identify and recommend enhanced and new services that answer clients’ business needs
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with the identified key persons within the client organization
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
Curiosity drives your interest in what moves the market.You find potential in percentages.Managing time and deadlines comes naturally to you.You’re known for your impeccable organization.Connecting with clients matters to you, and that motivates you to sift through data for You can identify the narratives behind numbers, and you’re always looking for what’s next.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any related field
- Minimum of 4 years of working experience in FMCG/Service/Retail Industry
- Strong knowledge of research techniques, methodologies, statistics, and multivariate analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint and/ or Google Spreadsheet & Slides
- Good client service skills and able to communicate and write effectively in English and Japanese
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between.If you can think of it, we’re measuring it.We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients.Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action.That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries.From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all.We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless.See what’s next with us at Nielsen:
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tokyo,Tokyo
Secondary Locations: ,,,