Colt provides network, voice and data center services to thousands of businesses around the world, allowing them to focus on delivering their business goals instead of the underlying infrastructure.
Remark: This Job Description would be used to hire/recruit more entry-level of Sales Engineering / technical PreSales staff.The role reports to a Regional Sales Engineering Manager
Regional Manager Sales Engineers
The role consists of helping sales generating, designing and closing opportunities on their list of accounts.For each opportunity he/she is engaged on, the role includes gathering and translating customer requirements into a high level technical and service design, to ensure client satisfaction by meeting their defined technical expectations:
- Opportunity detection, generation, qualification and requirements gathering
- Solution design including underlying technical architecture, service definition and transition plan
- Technical and product expertise to the customer throughout the pre-sales process from qualification till order signed
- Overall solution costing
- Presentation of that solution to the customer
- To be the customer’s technical consultant, allowing a review of the customer’s current services and leading to a reengineered solution for better performance, cost savings and easier management for the customer and the network
- Liaise between the customer and Colt Engineering, Design, Delivery and Operations, to ensure each is aware of the customer solution and to create an effective installation
- Partner with the sales team to recommend the most appropriate solution to the customer
- Assists Sales Engineers and Solution Architects in building complex proposals (Pre-Qualification, Bespokes, Technical input for orders, Order Validation, Creating Diagrams ..)
- Work in collaboration with Sales/Inside Sales and assuring completeness & correctness as deliverable orders
- Manage the cost of the different elements that build the solution to ensure it best fits the customer’s requirements and is most cost effective
- Document the final Solution design to a level of detail and rigour that enables all relevant technologies and services to be identified for internal approval.
- Maintains awareness of all Colt Products and tools at a high level where they can be utilized for support to customers.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience to assess and advise on the improvements of pre-sales processes.
- Identify and quantify the associated gaps and risks including mitigation plans in conjunction with Commercial/Bid management, and other sales supporting entities whenever appropriate.
- Adherence to Colt governance processes, tools and sales methodology.
Key performance indicators (financial and non-financial)
- functional design is aligned to industry trends and is cost efficient.
- solutions are aligned to Colt strategy
- Documentation is available
Relationships and key contacts
- Sales teams
- Sales Specialists
- Engineering, Design, Delivery and Operations
- 3rd Party partner
- Commercial/Bid Management
- Sales supporting entities
- Customer – how we behave
We deliver an exceptional customer experience every time.
- Understands what’service’ must be provided to customers and delivers this flawlessly.Follows through on customer enquiries, requests or complaints – making sure that the customer has received a response even if not responding in person.
- Seeks out all available customer service/performance data and takes action to resolve issues.
- Proactively reviews own workload to make sure that work which impacts on customer experience is a priority – discusses issues with manager and agrees how to resolve
- Ownership – how we behave
We take ownership of our actions and our company’s commitments
- Keeps all promises they make, always deliver to agreed deadlines.Hands over work that is complete, accurate and of high quality so that no re-work or questioning is required which slows our ability to deliver.
- Drives action to improve the way they work and the outcomes they deliver, working with their manager and colleagues to resolve issues/make change but always retaining responsibility for seeing things through to resolution.
- Demonstrates initiative by taking on tasks/activities that benefit the customer, business or team without needing to be asked or asking permission.
- Leadership – how we behave
We demonstrate leadership, always striving to be the best at whatever we do.
- Drives own personal development to gain the right skills to be able to do their job well.Models honesty, openness, integrity and ethical behavior.
- Regularly seeks feedback on individual and team performance – uses this to drive team/personal development, provides personal coaching and guidance to team members.
- Constantly looks for ways in which they can add more value to the business, raises these with their manager and implements agreed actions.
- Teamwork – how we behave
We put teamwork at the heart of our business, working with others to achieve success
- Comes to meetings on time and prepared, contributes opinions, ideas and questions to improve the outcome of the meeting.Develops and uses methods to share information on their role with others within the team so everyone understands how to work together.If other team members are busier, asks if they need help and provides support.
- Gets to know team members personally (regardless of where they work) and uses knowledge of others to build a higher performing team.
- Attempts to resolve conflict within the team-via face to face or telephone conversations with those involved – to improve overall performance.
- Praises the work of other publically to motivate them to do more.
- Experience in a technical environment like IP&Transmission Engineering, technical assistance center, configuration support
- Experience of designing and selling such services: fiber, copper, DSL transmission services, Ethernet and IP private networks, accesses to the Internet, resiliency and security services, TDM voice, VoIP, IP Telephony, Intelligent Numbers, IVR etc)
- Experience with service oriented roles
- Strong technical understanding of Customer Network technologies and Colt products & technologies covering:
- Managed networking: protocol stack, IP addressing, routing protocols, Transmission (SDH, EoSDH, MSP, DWDM, Ethernet), MPLS, VPNs, interfaces and standards,…
- High Speed Services, Dark Fiber
- Colt access technologies (Ethernet, MSP, ULL FTTH, xDSL, GCR)
- Internet Access (IP Access, Smart Office, IAS)
- Voice (IN/IVR, VoIP Access, TDM/IP)
- Customer Service background or customer oriented experiences
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or related field.
- Certifications required in one of the previous areas of expertise: Cisco CCNP, CCNA, CCVP, Avaya UC or CC sales and design certification, Microsoft Exchange & Lync, ITIL,…
- Local language and fluent English
- Adopts a flexible and results orientated approach
- Works on own initiative where necessary
- Ability to cope with stress, solve problems and deal with a variety of situations
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Methodical and thorough approach to work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines to address multiple issues
What we offer:
Colt is a growing business that is investing in its people.We offer skill development, learning pathways and accreditation to help our people perform at their best, regardless of role and location.
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt recognizes the importance of a work-life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
- Access to a virtual business school for on-going learning
- Business mentoring
- Free drinks
- public transport allowance