Fortive is in process of integrating this business Johnson and Johnson, where it was formerly a business from J & J matrixed organization. As a result of the acquisition, ASP will become a stand along operating company inside Fortive. There are numerous exciting opportunities associated with this change including establishing a more well aligned and high performance global organization.
The Japan head of Sales and services will have a key role within the organization with a responsibility of $ 100 million sales revenue in Japan.
- Build and lead a high-performing sales and service team via hiring and strong retention, and in collaboration with the Fortive team and functional leaders
- Define and implement plans and actions that will drive sustainable top-and bottom-line growth
- Define and implement the optimal channel structure
- Implement a culture and business practices based on the Fortive Business System and high employee engagement, which will include kaizen calendar, FBS Champion Program, operating review, funnel management, and Policy Deployment efforts
- In the immediate term, there is also an expectation that the position will play a key role in post integration activities for seamless / sustainable fashion with no measurable impacts to customers or employees.
- Support reposition Go-To-Market model for new Fortive ASP
The competitive situation is intense with different sub-industry segment players. The company needs to achieve healthy growth in market at saturation.
Pivotal Experience & Expertise
- Bachelor Degree or higher (or equivalent degree / diploma is considerable), Marketing or MBA preferred
Required Experiences and skills:
- Proven leadership skills leading a business and managing a P & L, good performance track record
- Experience in sales and service
- Knowledge of the Japanese culture (when foreigner)
- Business level English and Japanese
- Effectiveness in managing and leading in a matrix-structure
- Well-developed skill in working tender-based business with hospital stakeholders
- Post-merger integration experience is a plus
Results Orientation: The future Head of Sales and Service, Japan conducts him / herself with a high level of tenacity and can demonstrate an impressive track record of margin expansion, high customer service levels and team engagement. A fast career development will be indicating of strong performance. S / he remains purpose-driven while achieving results that consistently are at levels that outperform competition and the underlying market, which also indicates a systematic and structured approach to driving for results. S / he has a demonstrable history of successfully completing and delivering results on complex projects, such as integrations, streamlining of global operations, or carve outs. S / he is energized by a challenge, sets new and stretching goals, and delivers beyond expectations.
Collaboration and Influencing: S / he encourages collaboration among subdivisions in order to create an atmosphere of shared accountability and trust. S / he creates a network across boundaries to achieve results as a team and share best practices. S / he takes calculated risks to advance. collaborative relationships, and helps build relationships between different operators at different levels and across the organization, enabling collaboration across all levels. The new executive cultivates an active external network and invests in building outside relationships in order to enhance external partnerships. S / he recognizes potential sources of conflict and acts to propose effective working solutions.
Team Leadership: The successful individual is a strong team player, who is comfortable leading diverse teams across the globe with both direct and dotted line reports. S / he naturally leads teams across functions and geographies. S / he is a strong communicator who not only ensure a clear and collective strategy going forward, but creates ownership and buy in from her / his global team. S / he demonstrates and authentic leadership style, leading by example and setting high standards for work ethic, integrity and professionalism. S / he actively S / he holds individuals and teams accountable for agreed-upon plans and rewards those who support team objectives. S / he recognizes and encourages individuals, engages the team across the globe to develop plans and resolve issues with collaborative problem solving.
teams that exhibit greater creative energy and publicizes team results to the organization.
Key personality traits, that for exceptional candidates can to an extent compensate for shortfalls relative to the expected formal experience, are the following:
- A relentless focus and passion for performance, coupled with the tenacity and grit to overcome essentially any barriers that stand in the way of achieving best in class results. S / he has courage to aspire toward new levels of performance, and the ability to get there ..
- Independence and integrity, which together with strong critical thinking gives the individual the ability to take educated and measured risks.
- Impeccable ethics and strong team orientation. S / he derives energy and purpose from being part of a bigger team, and from inspiring this team of peers and direct reports to reach for higher targets.
is a global family of more than 20 industry-leading industrial growth and technology companies, united by a shared purpose: to make the world stronger, safer, and more effective by providing essential technology for the people who accelerate progress. Here, you get the excitement of a “startup” with the stability and predictability of an organization strongly grounded in its roots and with a proven track record of growth. There’s no limit to what you can learn, or the impact you can make: for you, for us, for growth.
Come join our team at Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP) and be part of a global leader in infection prevention solutions for the healthcare industry. With advanced products, technologies, and workflows for medical sterilization and disinfection, ASP is dedicated to defending the lives of patients , families, healthcare workers, providers, and communities. Add your talent to our extraordinary team and help us in our mission to make healthcare safer for everyone. ASP is based in Irvine, California with core sites in Everett, Washington and Schaffhausen, Switzerland plus many more offices around the world.