Auto req ID: 6662
Title: Lead Dealer Development
Job Function: Customer & Dealer Operations
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution. , and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
Our International Markets are focused on delivering the HD strategy to build the next generation of riders, these markets support creating and fulfilling the dreams of our existing and the new riders. The International Market is made up of diverse locations within our Emerging and Developed Markets across nearly 900 dealers in circa 95 countries and is part of the larger Harley-Davidson Motor Company.
From the UK to Japan and many places in between, our employees are essential to our success. The developed markets region represents sales, marketing and many other associated activities of the Harley-Davidson Motor Company across nearly 400 dealers in circa 15 countries and is part The larger International Region of Harley-Davidson Motor Company. The team works closely with the local regional office and the wider organization including the Company Headquarters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (USA).
This role is responsible for the planning, execution and delivery of the market dealer network growth and development plans to achieve the market strategic business objectives. This includes market and dealer network analytics, prospecting and new dealer and alternative retail outlet appointments, together with the continuous improvement of our existing network, including relocations, refurbishments and dealer training.
- Undertakes market analysis and planning using planning tools, prospecting, entry and exit processes and new dealer on boarding.
- Implement minimum dealer standards and dealer policies, ensuring their communication, maintenance and adherence through the field team.
- Supports new and existing dealers with the new contract and contract renewal process.
- Develops, supports and enables the dealer network to improve customer experience.
- Manages dealer commercial and technical training.
- Leads an ongoing data-led market dealer network review process. This builds the strategic dealer Network Representation Plan which requires ongoing implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Drives continuous improvement in dealer capability and performance through surveys, analysis and action plans.
- Supports with the facilitation of change in dealerships’ ownership structure.
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
N / A
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and local language.
- Fluent with Key Performance Indicators, Profit & Loss statements and Balance Sheets.
- Excellent negotiation, influencing and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Lead effectively through collaboration and influence.
- Experience in dealing with change.
- Experience within a premium retail brand.
- Project Management experience with ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Experience in a premium brand environment and familiar with current retail best practices and standards.
- Other in region languages would be an advantage.
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, employee discounts on motorcycles & related products, general merchandise, and more.
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: 25-50%
Visa Sponsorship: This position is eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation assistance