Uber’s marketing teams play a critical role when it comes to establishing deep connections with the markets and communities we operate in today. Representing the frontline of our business, regional marketers work closely with cross-functional regional stakeholders (Comms, Policy, Ops, S & P, R & I, Data Science, and Legal and CommOps) to bring our products and brand strategy to life in-market. They work closely with regional program management teams (where applicable) and global stakeholders to define regional priorities in alignment with global priorities, managing activations of global toolkits and owning region-specific marketing efforts.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- 7+ years of generalist marketing experience, preferably in a fast-paced oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or similar, and a demonstrated ability in quantitative fields
- Strong business acumen; structured thinker with project management skills and attention to detail
- Good relationship management as you will engage with partners across several different functions as well as global marketing colleagues, and external agency in order to be successful
- Strong communication skills and the ability to bring to life the Uber brand in a way that is both consistent with our global brand positioning but also meaningful to local culture and customs
- A strong customer-centric mindset –you are always thinking about how our customers interact with the brand
- The ability to take the initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and a willingness to adopt a generalist mindset.
- Fluency in Japanese and business level writing & speaking English
- B2C marketing experiences, leading FMCG or IT company working experience as a plus.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.