Amazon Japan is looking for an enthusiastic, data-oriented Senior Product Manager to lead our Vendor Operational Excellence team. You will be responsible for creating and implementing strategies to optimize the Retail-owned inputs to our buying systems and improve vendor operational performance for the JP Retail business. This highly visible role will build a robust product and program plan, drive innovation and develop new processes to improve our operational KPIs. You will also build new programs to remove costs from our supply chain, increase profitability and enhance the vendor experience.
The right candidate will thrive in a fast paced environment with lots of ambiguity. You will be a strong leader who can influence at senior level, establish trust with global teams and champion the customer in all interactions. You will work closely with local business teams, JP supply chain and multiple technical teams around the world. You will implement effective change management strategies to build the Amazon Supply Chain of the future.
Key responsibilities include:
–Create and land innovative sourcing strategies that will drive automation and lower costs
–Work backward from customer’s needs and pain points, and translate them into business requirements
–Work with the global tech teams and internal reagents to develop new features for the growing JP business
–Launch new systems and programs to improve vendor operational performance
–Develop and improve key metrics to improve the performance of our buying systems
–Lead internal business performance reviews to identify and deliver business improvements
· Bachelor’s degree in in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Business or a related discipline
· Extensive experience in Product Management, Consulting, Supply Chain Management, Business Analytics, Retail, or Finance
· Strong and successful communication skills which include the ability to write compelling, concise documents.
· Highly quantitative. Enjoy analyzing user data
· Decision Making / Complex Problem Solving –system thinker who proactively gathers the right data from appropriate sources to make the right decisions. Ability to prioritize ruthlessly and get stuff done
· Teamwork and willingness to roll up sleeves.
· Proven English and Japanese communication skills –both written and verbal
· MBA or Master’s Degree in relevant fields
· Advanced Knowledge of SQL and ability to build data models
· Fluent in Japanese