Sr Manager, Program Management
Manages the activities of first level managers and possibly supervisors and / or individual contributors within two or more departments in a functional discipline within a product group, division, sub-region or country. Internally recognized leader who exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies.
This will be a Customer facing role and acts as a local point of contact for customers and manages customer communication in local language. The individual will need to facilitate the Program Status review meetings and provide program status updates to Japanese customers in local language, needs to collaborate with the global cross functional teams, share information across and highlight the customer priorities.
Skills and Knowledge.
- Knowledge of Project Management Tools and Techniques (ie Estimation, Planning, Tracking, Reporting, Risk management, stakeholder management).
- Experienced in dealing with customers and organize periodic program review meetings involving customers, internal and external stake holders / partners.
- Proven experience in working with Global cross functional teams located in different time zones (India / EU / US)
- Experienced in Multimedia (Audio / Video) and Broadcasting domain.
- Prior experience with in the Broadcast industry or knowledge of MPEG stream decoding and DVB / ISDB / ARIB SI / PSI is highly regarded
- 15+ years of experience
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English is mandatory.
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in Japanese is mandatory.
- Good interpersonal, communication, presentation and reporting skills.
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Technology discipline preferred OR relevant work experience.
- Experienced in Embedded hardware and software systems Integration and testing / quality assurance.
- Experienced in Managing a team of 5 to 6 direct reports (senior people who are leading the System Engineering and SQA management roles and responsibilities will report to the Program manager).
- Proven experience in estimation and planning, creation and maintenance of Microsoft project plans.
- Proven experience producing team reports and performing project sign-off activities.
- Ability to liaise at all levels internally and with customers, suppliers and partners when appropriate.