To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Sales
About Tableau, a Salesforce company
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableau’s intuitive software to quickly transform their We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work / life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
What you’ll be doing…
The Account Executive (Public Sector) is responsible for driving sales of Tableau products within the Public Sector vertical, with the goal to exceed sales objectives. This role manages all aspects of the sales process including prospecting, lead management, qualification, product demonstrations, evaluation This is a quota-carrying sales position that plays an integral role in the success of the overall sales team.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Define and execute account sales plans and then meet and exceed sales goals (quotas) through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities within the assigned geographic territory and the Public Sector.
- Develop and manage sales pipeline – prospect and assess new sales potential while moving a large number of transactions simultaneously through the sales pipeline
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in a CRM system
- Coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including product support and sales engineering
- Provide initial product demonstrations and general support to prospective customers
- Nurture and expand the company’s relationship within customer accounts
- Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecast through the CRM system
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
- Practice effective, excellent communication with management, customers and support staff
- Participate in team-building and company-growth activities including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care.
- Travel to customer locations in support of sales efforts.
Who you are …
- Experienced. Minimum 6 years software sales experience selling into the Public Sector (the Central Government) and have six-figure deal experience and / or lead qualification experience (including outbound prospecting).
- Domain Expertise. Experience with analytics, data, databases, predictive modeling, or business intelligence preferred.
- Relentlessly High Standards. Consistent overachievement of sales goals, including quotas, high transactional volume and activity levels (call, demos, meetings, etc.)
- Detail oriented. Detail and process oriented
- Go-Getter. Desire to bring new customers into the Tableau franchise and maximize revenue. Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful.
- Excellent Communication. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it. Fluency in English and Japanese is essential.
- Technically Savvy. Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer required. Working knowledge of Salesforce.com or equivalent preferred Bachelor’s Degree with a technical or business focus preferred.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau will operate independently under the Tableau brand, driving forward a continued focus on our mission, our customers and our Tableau Community. The acquisition closed on August 1, 2019, and Tableau is a wholly-owned subsidiary of salesforce.com, inc.
Accommodations –If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits. Equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. and do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. and will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.