Within the framework of enlarging our client base and increasing product penetration among our clients, you will be responsible for gaining new business. Moody’s Analytics sales force is organized to emphasize a team sales culture. Relationship managers may call upon product and solutions specialists to assist in presenting products, benefits, and solutions to prospective clients. As a relationship manager, you will be expected to find new prospective clients and manage sales cycles to closure.
You are responsible for creating new business within a defined geographic territory. The RM’s primary constituency is banks, hedge funds, insurance companies, investment managers and corporate treasurers. RMs are responsible for growing new business with a strong focus on prospecting / preceding new products / solutions within other groups and companies within their territory.
- Grow new relationships covering a defined territory and base of business
- Convey the Moody’s Analytics value proposition, and deliver on sales targets for new revenue through combination of:
- Prospecting for new clients
- Selling new and existing products
- Re-enforce value proposition to retain and grow client relationships
- Significant meeting activity?
- Leading, advancing, and negotiating sales to closing
- Coordinating internally to retain quality resource required to facilitate the sales cycle
- Retaining & servicing existing clients
- Maintain high level of product knowledge
- Gain and maintain familiarity with client organization and processes to help direct them towards the appropriate Moody’s product set
- Manage sales cycles using coordination and communication skills to involve sales specialist where appropriate
- Provide current forecasts and pipeline information to management?
- Introduce leads to other business units where appropriate
- Manage business growth across different lines of business to archive the maximum revenue from single account
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Specialization not necessary but finance background helpful
- Experience working within or selling into capital markets
- Min of 7 year’s sales and / or relationship management experience, preferably within the financial services sector
- Proven track record of sales capability
- A credit or capital markets background would be preferred but not required
- Experience within the Japan market is a must
- Ability to identify opportunities to cross-sell Moody’s products
- Ability to sell on a needs / solutions approach
- Ability to close deals effectively
- Ability to work independently while also demonstrating excellent team-working skills
- High level of commitment?
- Excellent communication skills, including listening skills
- Familiar with modern computer applications (MS Office, Internet)?
- Excellent relationship building, inter-personal and organizational skills are a prerequisite
- Planning and organisational skills
- Fluent Japanese and proficiency in English (business level) and experience of working at MNCs is a plus
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law ..
Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary. Candidates for Moody’s Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position.