- Lead audits covering Distribution (Sales) and Insurance Operations departments, using department guidelines, knowledge of best practices, and understanding of controls to provide management with an independent appraisal of the control environment surrounding business processes or activities.
- Assesses the soundness, adequacy, compliance and cost-effectiveness of the enterprise’s sales, operational and information systems control and the accuracy, integrity and completeness of data integral to sales including management and financial reporting. • Manage all aspects of an audit assignment including planning, testing, and reporting.
- Review work papers to ensure they are within accepted audit and departmental standards. • Issue root cause analysis and thematic issues.
- Manage discussion with internal clients in developing action plans to resolve control issues or risks; handles the resolution of high-risk issues with management.
- Align Internal Audit process, risk, and control activities to support business strategies through process-oriented thinking and end-to-end view capabilities.
- Consult with internal clients in developing action plans to resolve control issues or risks.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with fellow auditors and auditees, sustaining ongoing relationships with key business contacts.
- Bachelor’s degree with preferance for major in Business, Economics, Finance, Law or Accounting
- 8+ years of experience in an auditing role
- Adequate understanding of Generally Accepted Audit Standards, IIA Standards, risk and controls, audit sampling and testing methodologies, risk management, regulatory reporting, and the financial services industry.
- Working knowledge in one or more of the following areas: insurance sales, sales management, insurance operations, risk management and compliance.
- Analytical, deductive, problem-solving, and presentation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Japanese and English.
- Big 4 experience and / or internal audit in the financial services industry.
- Knowledge of data analytics tools and techniques.
- CPA (Japanese or US), CIA, CISA, CFA or similar designation.
What we are looking for in an applicant
- A good self-starter and team player.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and management.
- • Flextime Policy: MetLife Japan adopts Flextime Policy, with core hours of 11:00 to 14:00.
- Dress Code: Dress for the Day; Our “Dress for the Day” policy gives employees the flexibility to adapt clothing to their schedule. Use discretion – dress formally or informally according to the needs of the day.
- Certification Support Program: Internal Audit supports annual membership fee for CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.
Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are ranked # 43 on the Fortune 500 list for 2018. With over 150 years of experience, the MetLife companies offer life, accident and health insurance, retirement and savings products through agents, third-party distributors such as banks and brokers, and direct marketing channels. Our name is recognized and trusted by approximately 100 million customers worldwide and we serve more than 90 of the top 100 FORTUNE 500® companies in the United States. MetLife Insurance KK (“MetLife Japan”) is a Japan entity with over 40 years of experience, which is 100% owned by MetLife, Inc. based in New York. MetLife Japan is the second largest within the MetLife companies and the 6th largest life insurance company in Japan in terms of revenue.
Internal Audit (IA) is an independent global organization that plays an important role in partnering with the business to ensure that management anticipates, recognizes, and appropriately manages risks. We protect MetLife and our companies through meaningful independent assurance and advice, while advocating for risk Management and internal controls. This department is considered as an industry frontrunner in adopting digitalization, Robotics Process Automation (RPA), and AI in its audit practice, and it consists of 300+ employees in global, regional and local audit roles. MetLife Japan IA consists of 50+ auditors across finance, technology, insurance operations, actuarial, data governance, data analytics areas.