Relocation Assistance Provided Within Country
# 89900 –Tokyo, Tokyo-To, Japan
- Supports the Commercial Finance Manager with reporting & analytics, month-end closing and financial planning & analysis.
- Manages budget process, prepares bottom-up rolling estimates, tracks performance of actual versus plan (sell-in and sell-out).
- Act as a business partner to the commercial teams (sales & marketing), providing them with relevant financial support and insights.
- Performs What-if / Simulations for key value drivers (eg new products / customers), and supports cross-functional partners by providing standard and ad-hoc analyses
- Participates actively in monthly commercial discipline process to identify risks and opportunities
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: trade investment (Gross-to-Net) follow-up, monthly promotion validation & documentation, preparation of GtN summary reporting etc.
- Ad-hoc requests from commercial finance manager and finance director as required
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively support budget planning process by providing necessary analysis and reports in an accurate and timely manner (including annual budgeting and Strategic planning process) –Prepared forecasted financials by working closely with the key stakeholders in other departments and constantly track the achievement of the forecast.
- Perform variance analysis between forecast and actuals and deliver summary reports. Provide commentary on the key reasons driving the variances, not only from a numeric perspective, but also from a business perspective.
- Create volume file, understand and highlight / communicate R & Os
- Create SGA report, understand and highlight / communicate R & Os
- Create A & P report, understand and highlight / communicate R & Os
- Create Brand and Channel PL, understand and highlight / communicate R & Os
- Participate in meetings and proactively communicate with the necessary parties including oversea teams.
- Consolidate requests from various parties and incorporate into financial plans.
- Process Improvements / Business Partnership –Constantly assess the current process, and seek for the opportunities for improvements, and opportunities to simplify / automate.
- Proactively take the lead in realizing the simplification efforts with support from key stakeholders.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and reporting –non-routine type analysis and report based on the requests from the manager, management team and business partners.
- Create What-if / Simulations analysis model to support growth based on business understanding
- Provide operational support –valid A & P / rebate promotion requests, invoices, activity status, educational training and summary reports etc.
- Closing – prepare closing documents, post journal entries, reconcile PL and BS and provide commentaries etc.
Total Percent (not to exceed 100%)
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions.
Education / Experience Requirements
- 1-5 years’ experience in financial planning and analysis in a multinational company.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS –Business / Finance)
- Advanced Excel skills is a must-
- Experience with Google Sheet and Google Data studio is a plus.
- ERP system experience (SAP) is a plus
- Experience in the FMCG industry is profitable.
- Experience in sales or marketing is a plus
Expected Areas of Skills
- Knowledge of financial & managerial accounting.
- Attention to details
- Have a detailed understanding of financial disciplines and knowledge of the US / Japan GAAP
- Demonstrated strong oral / written communications skills in Japanese and English including presentation skills.
- Demonstrated capability of handling multiple project assignments simultaneously
- Cross functional communication and project management skills.
- Problem solving skills
- Strong strategic / analytical skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions) ), Or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Hill’s Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills’ mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL’S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL’S® Science Diet® and HILL’S® Ideal Balance ™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill’s and Colgate, please visit and, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.