We’re looking for a Head of Risk to join our team in Tokyo, Japan. Reporting directly to the Revolut CEO (Canada), the successful candidate will be responsible for leading all risk management activities in the region, building out the team and frameworks that deliver effective controls for all activities in country.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- You will be heading the Canadian Risk Management function and will be responsible for the development of local risk management policies, strategies and risk appetite and their alignment with the Group risk management framework
- Monitoring key risk indicators within the business against prescribed limits
- Developing and validating model framework that are to be used by risk owners
- Preparing internal and external risk reports
- Responsible for conduct, operational and financial (market, liquidity, credit) risks of Revolut in Canada
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Broad experience in managing risk and compliance issues within a regulated Financial Institution in Canada
- Knowledge of legislation and regulation relating to Financial Institutions in country
- Technical background with a strong, independent ability to create and implement simple, elegant solutions within a short period of time
- Proven Risk expertise in retail banking, and experience with setting up a second line of defense function
A little about us… When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for… Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and We’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes –working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.