Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: / lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: / lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: / lumentechnologies.
Supports the sales engineering team by undertaking projects and workflows that enable primary sales engineering staff to maintain focus on the highest revenue generating activities while providing support for and identification of additional revenue opportunities.
The Main Responsibilities
- Solutioning: Work closely with Account Directors to qualify the opportunity, solidify the customer needs and wants into the solution proposal to further their contributions to the Company’s financial success. Go seek guidance from other Sales Engineers, Subject-Matter Experts and / or Product Team as needed, and work with IT Services team for Professional Services engagement for custom solution.
- Quotation: Create quotations for Hosting and Network requests, working closely with the account Sales Solutions Architects and Account Directors. Help Account Directors with pricing adjustment justification where needed.
- Change Management: For customers Client Technology Advisor (CTA), Technical Service Engineer (TSE), Client Service Partner (CSP) were not sold, create and maintain the design documentation Hosting Technical Order Form (HTOF) in working with Implementation Assurance (IAA) Team and / or Sales Engineers / Solutions Architects to prepare for:
o Future add / delete / renew / change orders.
o Retain the master inventory list for the change management.
- Implementation: Work with Service Delivery team to ensure the design / sizing information is in place upon the order execution with right design documentation to retain / improve the customer experience. Work with Operations to ensure the operational readiness upon the “go-live”.
- Product Lifecycle Management Support: Provide technical and commercial audits in support of identifying End-of-Sale / End-of-Support / End-of-Life products and services, and create the proposal for the succeeding products and services including the migration strategy in working with Japan Hosting Operations team.
- Customer Account Planning: Work closely with Account Directors and Client Service Partner (CSP) assigned for the account planning through the year.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline
- At least 2 years of pre-sales experience, ideally in Contents Delivery Network (CDN), Telecommunication / networking.
- Communication: Intermediate written and verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to build relationships over the phone / video. Must have a proactive communication style ensuring timely status of projects to account team and customer. Must be able to develop relationships and communicate with customer technical staff. Ability to report, inform, and consult with manager along the way.
- Technical Skills: Basic working understanding of network (WAN) and how voice / data / internet traffic is handled on it (with CDN knowledge / experience is a big plus). Basic understanding of technical terminology related to company products and services. Requires some general awareness / knowledge of routers and switches. Also, nice to have knowledge / skills on security (firewall, IPS, DDoS Mitigation, Web Application Firewall, etc.), servers (physical and virtualized / cloud), etc.
- Sales Practices: Basic understanding of sales cycles and the solution selling process, preferably at multiple levels, ie, Internet and Enterprise. Basic level presentation skills.
- Problem Solving: Intermediate analytical skills. Must be able to work through complex issues with a methodical approach.
- Research Skill: Ability to search around the information independently within the company resources and / or external resource, seek help from Manager for escalation to Product Management.
- Work Style: Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be detail oriented. Ability to work across various time zones in and out of the local business hours.
- Computer Skills: Intermediate MS Office Suite knowledge and usage especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio. Ability to learn internal company systems, such as SalesForce.com, etc.
- Language proficiency: Must have intermediate-level bilingual skill with a good command of the language and speech in Japanese and English. Reference in the certification level mentioned in the later section.
- Business Acumen: Must have a basic understanding of company financial measures. Must have a basic understanding of telecommunications and Managed Hosting Services industry and sales cycles.
- Ability to travel as needed (Approx. 10%).
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 231874
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and / or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you From the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to This job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.