MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you looking to join a dynamic and fast paced team, applying your analytical and problem solving skills for maximum impact, whilst deepening your knowledge how we manage firm’s liquidity in cash and securities? Liquidity Operations is seeking a professional who is looking to partner with our business and other internal and external securities to provide market leading business enablement and risk and control services.
Tokyo Liquidity Operations provides firm wide liquidity support primarily focusing JPY cash funding, management and collateral deployment. Liquidity Management has critical focus on intraday liquidity management, agent bank relationship, reporting for central bank and regulators, and strategic firm infrastructure projects.
Liquidity Operations is the firm’s “central bank” for managing the firm’s overall cash positions. The team works in a time sensitive environment in which accuracy of processing and timely escalation and communication with various Operations teams, Corporate Treasury, and the firm’s external Agent Banks is essential to a smooth settlement process. The successful candidate will work in the cash / inventory management team to support daily cash funding, inventory movement, new business build-out, and also aggressively drives forward control and efficiency initiatives partnering with our global counterpart colleague.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the operational process lifecycle by interacting with internal and external stakeholders including trading desks, agent banks, and other federation teams across globally in order to work toward the shared goal of business enablement and risk mitigation.
- Use your inquisitive mindset to identify efficiency opportunities with respect to process flow methodology as well as enhance scalability.
- Leverage your quantitative skills to decompose complex regulatory and operational process requirement, and propose creative, robust solutions.
- Oversight & ownership of the full front to back operational flow ensuring that seamless liquidity management, new business and flow enhancements.
- Strong team-working skills for working with both internal departments in Tokyo and globally.
- Track record in the development of stakeholders management both internally and externally
- Ability to gain a strong understanding of the business and work with trading desks, agent banks, and other federation teams such as Technology, Corporate Treasury, Controllers, Credit, and Legal / Compliance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate a sound of understanding of a range of JPY cash management and fixed income products (eg JGBs)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our Training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment / affirmative action employer Female / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity