Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: / lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: / lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: / lumentechnologies.
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Service Assurance (APAC)
This role functions as the primary post-install operational interface to named elite customers by serving as the critical customer advocate and liaison for strategic enterprise accounts. Works directly with the Repair Centers to help escalate and resolve customer operational issues when process gaps have been identified and Service improvement is necessary. Interfaces with multiple disciplines and technical resources across the business to drive a superior, differentiated, and sustained customer experience. Ensures operational continuity and scalability across functional teams during all stages of the lifecycle by coordinating, driving and delivering operations reviews, Request for Outage (RFO), and Service Improvement Plans (SIPs). Trains and mentors lower level peers and partners with management to share strategic responsibilities and team leadership. Facilitates crossfunctional teams to raise awareness, drive for results, and resolve issues impacting both assigned customers as well as the larger customer base.
The Main Responsibilities
- Acts as escalation point, sometimes after hours, when standard processes are not meeting customer expectations. Once engaged, serves as primary communicator for operational lifecycle issues by pulling in necessary resources to address ongoing issues.
- Defines and develops custom reporting and delivers regular operations reviews that illustrate CenturyLink’s network performance by highlighting positive performance trends and identifying areas for service improvement opportunities.
- Serves as customer advocate, technical resource, and Subject Matter Expert for internal company departments for assigned customer base and develops communications strategies with internal departments by staying well-versed in customer and internal SLAs and operational processes in-order to assist operational and Sales teams in setting proper customer expectations based on defined service level criteria.
- Partners with Repair Centers to identify, create, implement, and track post mortem analysis and preventive measures and then takes the lead in presenting that information to the customer.
- Defines and communicates key Service Delivery, Service Management or Service Assurance process gaps that will be measured and tracked via Service Improvement Plans (SIPs). Facilitates both internal and external meetings associated to SIP until initiatives are resolved.
- Understands and communicates large scale upgrade projects and other Change Management / Global Change Request events that will impact assigned customers, while also maintaining accurate and thorough customer contact lists for proper planned maintenance notifications.
- Maintains critical customer information on public drive and ensures OSM is flagged in key systems.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelors or Equivalent in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 5 – 7 plus years of telecom industry experience with expert working knowledge in Voice, Transport, IP and Data
- Excellent technical and operational background and understanding of troubleshooting and configuration protocols
- Excellent understanding of operations processes and systems across all internal Lumen organizations as well as industry best practices
- Exceptional customer-facing skills with an innate ability to empathize with customers
- Strong analytical skills and ability to convey that information succinctly and clearly
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to positively influence and collaborate with stakeholders in other organizations to accomplish objectives while maintaining relationships
- Ability to challenge the status quo with a focus on continuous improvement
- Primarily office environment 8 to 5 with some business travel and after-hours support
- Must be willing to work on-call via cell phone, including weekends and holidays
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can thrive independently or in a team environment
- CPE – A solid understanding of M13s, fiber muxes, high-end aggregation, core routers, switches, VOIP, and their applications from local access to the enterprise and WAN environments.
- WAN protocols – a solid understanding of network protocols.
- Products – A solid understanding of Private Line, ATM, Frame Relay, IP, ISDN and Voice Services.
- Industry Terminology – A solid understanding of the OSI model and principles, and a solid understanding of industry terminology (eg POPs, COs, muxing, CPE, ILEC, HiCap).
- Voice / Data network design principles – A solid understanding of network design to include components end-to-end. A strong understanding of voice switching technologies and equipment, PBX interconnection, 911 networks and call routing from origination to termination. A solid understanding of Central Office based telecommunication technologies.
- LEC Provisioning and Maintenance – In-depth knowledge of basic processes and the management of LEC activities.
- Data Services – A firm understanding of IP routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF, NLSP, IGRP, EIGRP, BGP, EGP, IGP and how they are utilized and the impacts they present in the WAN environment. A firm understanding of IP addressing / subnetting , including private address space.
- Voice Services – A firm understanding of the switched and dedicated networks including VNS dial plans and basic strategies in their application within the network. A good working knowledge of inband and out-of-band signaling protocols, SS7 network and routing, VOIP and SIP.
- Network Capacity Planning – Identify and make recommendations for capacity augments where necessary.
- Trouble Isolation Procedures – Work with customer and Lumen operations technicians to identify when loopbacks are present as well as when they may be necessary to fault isolate or temporarily restore services. Able to identify and recommend test patterns used to assist in trouble resolution of DS-1 and above services. Ability to use basic router commands to assist in fault isolation and trouble resolution.
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 232423
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to This job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.