We are seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Leader to drive the future growth of Amazon Prime in Japan. Our vision is for Prime to be the Earth’s largest and most loved membership program. Within Japan, we aim to be a center of innovation for Prime and Amazon , and to delight our members with the value and convenience of Prime benefits.
The Business Intelligence Engineer, JP Prime will manage customer behavior data and lead our customer-obsessed / data-driven decision making for the Amazon Prime Program in Japan. This leader will work with Product / Marketing, Economist, Finance, and Data Engineering teams across The globe as a pivotal leader, diving deep into data to identify actionable customer insights that will improve the value of the Prime program in Japan, as well as empower our product / marketing strategy to grow and engage Prime members. Success in this role includes solving complex business issues through analytical solutions, influencing the team’s product / marketing strategy at a large scale, and contributing significantly to business planning.
The ideal candidate will be an expert with SQL, and have programmable communication skills. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
· Revealing customer insights that inform how we can grow membership, engage members, and improve value of Amazon Prime in Japan.
· Day-to-day management / analysis of business metrics. Identifying business insights, reporting to leadership
· Work with the Finance / Economist team across the globe to quantify the incrementality of marketing and product initiatives.
· Work with Data Engineering and Dev teams to quickly set up the right data structure and design tracking model for new marketing features / products.
· Learn and share best practices with partner teams across the globe.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics or other business / analytical disciplines
· Minimum 5+ years of work experience in the following roles: Data Scientist, Business Intelligence Engineer, Business / Data Analyst or Statistical Analyst
· Proven track record of using SQL to derive insights from large (billions of rows), complex databases
· Business level English language skills (both verbal and written) required
· Experience with Microsoft Excel and other BI software (eg Tableau) to create charts, pivot tables, and business reports
· Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and concisely present findings to senior executives.
· Evidence of influencing the strategic direction of a business unit through a combination of impactful, relevant analysis and clear communication
· Master’s Degree in a relevant technical field or an MBA.
· Fluent in Japanese (both verbal and written).
· Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
· Understanding of customer / consumer insights gained within B2C industry (consumer / retail / retail financial services / telecoms / media)