N / A
Cost manager: Japan projects – Japan based role
Colt are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our growing team. The role is a cost manager role providing cost management over a number of projects with a focus on Japan.
With local cost consultant teams and project management teams reporting back into our central London head office the role requires the management of consultants to ensure accurate and timely cost information is reported to senior management and finance within Colt, best practice and governance is being followed and that Colt are getting value for money across their major developments.
The role also sees the cost manager overseeing customer project requirements and feeding cost information back to our sales teams in order that customer projects can be priced.
The cost manager will sit as part of the central PMO who control project governance and standards. As part of the role you will be expected to work with our existing cost manager to continue to drive and improve cost processes across the delivery team.
Lead the following:
- Develop within the PMO the following: best cost practice, cost reporting, financial controls and cost benchmarking.
- Management of commercial aspects across our Japan projects overseeing internal and external consultants and general contractors.
- Negotiate and agree budgets and costs for variations to project scope
- Check project costs are correct and raise / resolve queries where necessary
- Attend cost meetings, manage and liaise with a wide range of construction professionals, and
ensure timely completion of agreed actions
- Produce and maintain up to date records of change controls, variations, cashflows and general cost information for all projects.
- Review commercial tender returns and make recommendations for placement of orders
- Visit site to value works completed / validate consultant recommendations
- Assess contractor payment entitlement and oversee the process payments internally in colt.
- Carry out reconciliation of cost and value to date / forecast to keep the management team
informed of project performance
- Train project managers in cost management best practice
- Assist in the guidance and development of junior staff
- Other commercial matters as required
The successful applicants will:
- hold a relevant degree (eg Quantity Surveying)
- Have 6+ years Quantity Surveying experience in japan preferably
- Speak Japanese and English
- Experience of working on multiple remote projects
- demonstrate depth of experience in a commercial role within data center construction;
- be able to work well both in a team and individually;
- possessing good communication skills
- be self-motivated, detail orientated and very organized, with an aptitude for working with
numbers and absorbing and analyzing technical information;
- have good IT skills (including proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and Word, BIM360 is desirable);
N / A