We are a global professional services organization that provides consulting and delivery services to large global clients.
With our experience of major capital projects all over the world we’re experts at managing the many moving parts involved in complex programs, with 110 offices across 45 different countries.
At the heart of our approach is a focus on better outcomes. With an independent view we do things smarter; we give the clarity and rigour to help teams work better together, to make an investment case stronger, to raise the standards of delivery and to maintain schedules and budgets. It’s how we’ve made the difference for more than 70 years.
We are equal opportunity employers. A copy of the policy statement on equal opportunity is provided upon request.
- To conduct feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- To apply Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involve Turner & Townsend’s specialist Value Management team
- To manage estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and present the final cost plan
- To manage the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, inquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- To manage the tender process including tender document, tender clarifications, interview and tender recommendation report if required.
- To ensure that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- To ensure that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- To ensure the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and present them to the client
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
- To ensure that final accounts are negotiated and agreed; validate the monthly payment claims and prepare payment recommendation for related works / packages.
- To take a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Where appropriate, lead a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, Cost Management / Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 –10 years’ experience in related fields
- Excellent technical knowledge and experience across the full range of Cost Management duties including: Cost Estimates, Bills of Quantities, Value Engineering, Tendering and Evaluation, Contract Knowledge, Change Orders and Final Account close-out
- Candidates with experience in data centers, sports & leisure, hospitality development experience are preferred.
- Experience from consultancy background is preferred.
- Team player with excellent leadership and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiation, influence and persuade others
Turner & Townsend