Would you like to engage with senior business and technical leaders of companies to help them achieve extensive business value by migrating to AWS? Are you interested in helping them retire their technical debt while working with our account leaders, Professional Services teams, Partners, and regional sales and business development teams to build their capabilities to operate in the Cloud?
The Business Development (BD) Program Manager defines the BD Go-to-Market strategy to increase awareness of AWS Japan and drive our engagements with new and existing customers.
This role is responsible for influencing virtual teams to build the required programs to target customers at different phases of their journey with AWS Japan. To be more specific, the person in this role works collaboratively with field marketing leadership, sales leadership, and product marketing to design marketing initiatives, measures and reports out on program effectiveness, and uses data to make the right pivots in the strategy and plan. The goals of this role include educating customers on AWS, managing quality leads, customer references, building deeper customer relationships, and growing usage of AWS solutions by aligning with AWS Japan BD team’s goal & strategy
The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable about characteristics of various industries in Japan, understands AWS accounts and the personas, and should be able design an engagement strategy that includes multiple touchpoints across marketing programs. A results-driven mindset, creative ideas, and a scrappy, entrepreneurial spirit are also required for this role.
· Identifying new opportunities and influencing –assessment and prioritize opportunities based on strategic goals, business needs, candidate experience, or efficiency lift.
· Managing multiple program areas –track delivery against program objectives and implement proposals to improve program services and efficiencies.
· Creation of marketing strategies, content, and resources.
· Help define the program strategies, develop program roadmap, and organize work steams and milestones; gain buy-in and interlock across functional and regional leaders.
· Executing organization-wide initiatives –influence and align stakeholders, define project plans, assemble resources, manage implementation activities, and develop all processes associated with program roll-out and ongoing support.
· Dive deep into available data to understand successes and weaknesses and share with team members to improve results.
· Collaborate with stakeholders in multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver on agreed upon milestones. Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs.
· Build and maintain reporting for areas of responsibility.
· Manage Playbook updates and reporting of task and milestone completions
· Collaborate with internal partners to build input-focused project plans for achievement of key measures
–Identify and set up mechanisms for gathering market and customer data and insights to inform business direction.
· Lead the design and development of compelling digital experiences for enterprise customers, in particular customers that are unfamiliar with AWS.
· Continually experiment and introduce new approaches for Go-to-Market strategy to that engage customers and prospects in innovative ways.
· Evaluate and optimize iteratively based on business priorities and customer behavior and needs.
· Track, measure, and analyze the performance of marketing campaigns and report results to sales and marketing leadership.
· Must have fluency in both English and Japanese
· Ability to demonstrate proven success delivering measurable marketing results
· Proven ability to analyze complex market and account dynamics and develop a marketing strategy
· 7+ years of experience in B2B marketing or business development, ideally multi-national IT / High tech company
· Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and manage all phases of a project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery. Also includes ownership and responsibility to manage issues, risks, decisions and the overall success of a project
· Excellent instructional design, writing, and oral communication skill
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
· Experience in managing content design through delivery and working with other key members of the team and company to leverage knowledge and relevant project content.
· Extremely comfortable working in a fast paced environment
· Experience in managing large-scaled successful program implementations
Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
· Proven success in working with teams and executive leadership in a complex, large-Company environment
· Works effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
· Business financial and business case development acumen
· MBA degree completed