Colt Data Center Services (DCS) offers flexible and affordable colocation and IT infrastructure solutions. Our connectivity and colocation solutions allow our customers freedom to plan effectively for the growth of their business, knowing that their data center strategy is future-proof.
The Operations Transition Manager (OTM) is responsible for representing the Operations Team throughout the construction and commissioning phases. The OTM’s role is to constructively interact with the regional design & delivery team to ensure the facility meets the highest standards of safety, operability, maintainability, efficiency and operational readiness consistent with the project scope, schedule and budget. In addition, the OTM is responsible for ensuring the Operations team are suitable prepared to operate the new facility ensuring maintenance, resource, systems and processes are in place.
The OTM will be an expert in data center electrical / mechanicals systems, infrastructure, and engineering practices, but will also have experience on construction projects with an operational perspective. This role requires strong interpersonal skills, technical expertise in the data center operations field, knowledge of the construction process and a thorough understanding of commissioning methods and objectives.
The OTM reports directly to the Global Transition Operations Director
- Coordinate with the Operations team to develop a project-specific Operational Transition Plan.
- Establish a positive working relationship with the project design and construction teams, both inside and external to the client organization. Establish a clear line of communications between the Operations and Construction and Commissioning teams, along with the proper protocols for issue identification and resolution.
- Review Customer contract and verify the project delivery will meet Customer Operational requirements and Service Level Agreement
- Utilise knowledge of operational best practices and the owner’s project requirements to review the project documentation for potential pitfalls and opportunities for improvement.
- Be the lead for the management of the process and negotiation of the Maintenances Services Agreements.
- Attend construction and commissioning meetings to keep abreast of project developments, develop a detailed understanding of the facility design and operation, and to track program changes and their potential impact.
- Observe key installation and test procedures to ensure conformance with project goals and to gather information for operational documentation and training.
- Assume responsibility for operational readiness. Proactively work with Construction and Commissioning teams to ensure that required documents and information is delivered according to specification and on time. Coordinate with Operations team to deliver the information they need for development of the Critical Environment Program. Other readiness activities. include:
- Ensure that the subcontractor and vendor training and supporting literature is properly developed and delivered
- Assist in the development of site Standard and Emergency Operating Procedures.
- Assist in the development of site-specific training materials.
- Assist in the practical training of Site Operations and Facilities Management team members
- Ensure that all site specific O & M manuals and as-built drawings are delivered on schedule in the specified formats. Validate the accuracy of the as-built drawing set.
- Ensure all equipment and area labelling is consistent with group policy.
- Ensure all As-Built drawings and documentation correctly reflects final construction and is labeled in accordance with the group nomenclature policy.
- Assist in population and close off of building / equipment defect list entries
- Perform periodic site inspections and reporting of any construction issues uncovered or conditions that could affect the operational reliability of the facility. This includes meeting participation to ensure smooth coordination and tracking of issue resolution.
Relationships and Key Contacts
- Commercial Team
- Design Team
- Delivery Team
- Site Operations Team
- Service Operations Team
- Billing Team
- Account Directors
- Service Contract Managers
- BMS Team
- Security Team
- DCS Legal Team
Role Specific Requirements
- Experience of operating any of the following: Electrical, Mechanical, Local Fire Code, Security, BMS or Cabling systems.
- Vendor management.
- Risk Assessment.
- Commercial awareness.
- Customer communication skill.
- Software skills –Excel, Word, PPT, CAD, VISIO.
- English and local language.
Design or Construction of any of the following: Electrical, Mechanical, Local Fire Code, Security, BMS or Cabling systems
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree or similar experience of more than 10 years.
- Local Electrical License
- Project Management Profession (PMP)
What we offer:
Colt DCS is a growing business that is investing in its people. Our people are defined by their ability to make things happen and deliver on their promises. We offer skill development, learning pathways and accreditation to help our people perform at their best, regardless of role and location.
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt DCS recognizes the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
- Pension and insurance options
- Access to a virtual business school for on-going learning
- Business mentoring
- Discounts with local hospitality and retail providers
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
Who we are
Colt DCS has a vision to” to be the most customer centric data center provider”. We have over 20 years’ experience in designing, building and operating energy-efficient, reliable data centers –hosting significant financial, media, corporate and cloud wholesale providers across the world.
We operate 29 state-of-the-art data centers across Europe and Asia Pacific, offering 24/7 security and local language support. We are connected to a further 530+ third party data centers across our network and are able to offer private links into the major public cloud providers.
Privately owned, Colt DCS is one of the most financially sound companies in its industry and able to provide the best customer experience at a competitive price.
For more information, please visit
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to making Colt an inclusive and supportive workplace