We’re Gengo, a Lionbridge company. Out of our Tokyo and Manila offices we operate a global people-powered technology platform providing translation and AI training-data services to global businesses. Our platform has supported translation of more than one billion words for 65,000 + customers with a crowd of 21,000+ people from 140+ countries. Our customers include the largest tech companies in the world and some of the biggest brands in the world like TripAdvisor, New York Times, Rakuten, and Alibaba. As part of the Lionbridge. We’re fluent in 350+ languages, and we work from more. Family, we are breaking barriers and building bridges all over the world. We build deep relationships with the biggest brands in the world, so they can build deeper relationships with their customers. We’ve been doing it for 20+ years, and we’re just warming up. Thank 5,000 cities as we combine human empathy and machine intelligence.
Join us for a rare chance to help the world to communicate freely as part of a team with startup culture and the resources of a global giant.
About the Major Account Project Manager role
Our project management team is responsible for handling complex projects for our enterprise customers. Project managers handle a wide range of projects, from coordinating translation projects using our crowd platform for very large e-commerce customers to designing custom project workflows to support customers in their machine learning efforts.
We are looking for an experienced localization project manager with SQL capabilities to join our global Project Management team in a highly visible and autonomous role as a Major Account Project Manager. This is a unique role that deals exclusively with Lionbridge’s top five largest accounts. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining workflows for the world’s top tech companies using your expert knowledge of Gengo’s platform and processes.
- Work exclusively on Lionbridge’s top five largest accounts, sintered of the world’s biggest tech companies
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of Gengo’s platform and processes
- Create workarounds that are outside of normal platform usage as needed, while clearly communicating the benefits and limitations
- Use your SQL knowledge to create queries and dashboards that help keep stakeholders informed and support execution of outside-the-box solutions
- Collaborate with both local and global production teams to create, implement and maintain appropriate client- or project-specific procedures, solutions, checklists and instructions.
- Delegate execution of said workflows to project managers as needed
- Drive project timelines and budgets to completion and within estimated scope and established production.
- Provide ideas and feedback to Gengo’s product team in order to help build out our proprietary translation platform.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to analyze new and changing scenarios and adapt existing workflow / process to the new requirements.
- Ability to understand financial models to demonstrate financial ROI.
- Have a thorough understanding of basic financial concepts like Gross Margin, Budgets, etc.
- A self-starter who can effectively work within a strong team culture.
- Thrives working in cross-functional, global teams, collaborating across different departments and stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a multicultural, diverse global environment.
- Must possess a working knowledge of SQL, ie be able to retrieve data from database by writing SQL queries.
- Minimum 3 years of localization project management experience.
- Client relationship management experience.
- Business fluency in English.
- Must have a proven record of managing complex projects.
- Experience working across different time zones.
Beneficial Education and / or Experience
- Knowledge of localization tools such as Trados, Memsource
- Experience with RegEx, scripting (Python)
- Fluency in any additional languages
Powered by JazzHR