About Farfield Systems, Inc
At Farfield we are committed to delivering trusted expertise to our government clients. As we grow, our focus is on increasing opportunities for you to grow with us while still delivering the same excellence customers have grown to expect from us. We continually evaluate our environment to Provide a place where your career is packed with opportunities to grow and you have the ability to demonstrate your passion to our customers. We focus on building a Team where each employee is a valued member. Farfield provides support to multiple agencies across the United States Government that means many different opportunities to follow your career path without changing companies every few years.
“Employee driven … mission focused.” We build, operate and secure networks and infrastructure.
We are looking for an IT Professional that has experience with:
- With minimum to no supervision and guidance, you will evaluate, design, document, install, implement, test, and perform problem isolation and resolution, monitor, tune, and enforce standards for AVMM End User Devices and related networks.
- Maintain a complex range of AVMM and computer network components and systems.
- Support integration of a total AVMM network including the planning, design, installation, maintenance, management, and coordination of the AVMM network.
- Monitor, tune, and support basic existing AVMM devices (IPTV, Conference rooms of varying sizes and complexities) and network infrastructure to ensure stable, reliable, secure, and efficient AVMM operations.
- Support Identification, assessment, and development of detailed requirements for upgrading AVMM networks, such as supporting re-architecture of network segments in order to facilitate new requirements, technologies and growth.
- Analyze current products and recommends changes / upgrades to senior management.
- Assembles and updates documentation in the form of problem and change management tickets.
- Maintain timely and complete documentation of all daily and project work, using standard methods and procedures.
- Troubleshoot, and devise solutions to complex operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment.
- Keep abreast of relevant technologies and maintain selected technical certifications.
- Help to evaluate vendor products to make recommendations for purchase.
- Follow technical standards set by senior level engineers.
- Communicate effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences, including customers, vendors, team partners, and other staff members.
- Gain proficiency in other areas within the scope of the IT environment, to support overall contract requirements.
- May lead a small team to complete larger efforts (modernization, refresh, projects)
- This position offers opportunities to support other bodies of work, at different locations, both CONUS and OCONUS (no hostile areas).
- Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering, or a related discipline and 8 years of experience.
- IT ticket management system experience; preferably with ServiceNow.
- Experience with large scale enterprise IT contracts.
- CompTIA Security + certification
*** A active Top Secret / SCI security clearance and polygraph are required ***
Powered by JazzHR