CHENEGA SECURITY INTERNATIONAL, LLC
Company Job Title:
Emergency Medical Technician / Armed Security Guard
Chenega Job Title:
Guard II, Armed Expat
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
- he Emergency Medical Technician / Armed Security Guard personnel will be responsible for all medical emergencies and medical coordination that may occur on the Site. The Contractor will ensure that there is an EMT certified person per shift (24/7/365) and centrally located for Rapid response to medical emergencies anywhere on Site. EMT personnel will inventory all equipment and supplies on a weekly basis to ensure serviceability and expiration date of all equipment and supplies. Expired medical supplies will be immediately and properly disposed of and replaced. EMT personnel will be EMT personnel must maintain their qualifications up to date and will coordinate for re-certification appropriately. At a minimum, State or regionally certified EMT-Basic, Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillator qualified.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Required to follow all company personnel and safety policies and perform all assigned duties in a safe work manner.
- Will arrive at work in proper uniform and carrying needed, issued equipment
- Will be required to exercise force up to and including deadly force.
- Required to operate effectively in a foreign nation environment, sensitive to cultural differences.
- Will participate in Guard Mount, receive assigned post, and copy any extra instructions.
- Will carry out general and special orders for post assigned
- Will communicate via radio, telephone and orally according to orders
- Required to interact and escort as required with public and government personnel.
- Will provide access control, traffic control and conduct walking and motorized armed security functions
- Will be responsible for cleanliness of uniform and equipment assigned.
- Will follow applicable standard operating procedures and government regulations pertaining to security of weapons, buildings, personnel, government property and equipment
- Will conduct personnel, vehicular, building, & facility checks and package & parcel inspection
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include weekends and holidays.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Minimum two years’ experience preferably with a civilian police force, military police force, or civilian security guard organization.
- Be weapons certified and qualified in the use and handling of a 9mm hand-carry weapon, various individual and crew served weapons, and non-lethal OC.
- Honorably discharged (If Applicable).
- Pass a Physical Agility Test, In-depth Background Check, Drug Screen and Physical Exam, Psychological Exam, Dental Exam, and Training Course
- Successfully completed all training and have obtained all required permits, licenses, certifications and security clearances for the site.
- At a minimum, State or regionally certified in EMT-Basic, Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation, and Automated External Defibrillator qualified.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must speak, read, write, and understand the English language, apply written rules, detailed orders, instructions and training material.
- Must possess or be able to secure a secret or top-secret security clearance as may be required by the installation.
- Be able to meet any Federal, State, or Municipal requirements to work as an Armed Security Guard.
- Have no record or history of illegal drug use, sale, possession, or manufacture during the previous five years.
- Have no felony convictions and no convictions that reflect on the individual’s reliability including those crimes classified under the Lautenberg Act.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skill in operating a personal computer and standard office equipment.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.