We are the doers. The leaders. The makers. The change-bringers. We are all different, uniting to solve the world’s toughest challenges. Our teams are hungry to make history, acting with integrity to relentlessly improve people’s lives. With every weld, It’s time to stop dreaming about the future; let’s build it together. Every sale, and every code we write we keep the world in motion.
The Contract Manager will provide broad-based and thorough commercial contract management support to the Project Management group with primary focus on delivery of new units and major upgrades of wind turbine generators and projects with extended work scope including turbine installation, civil work, and electrical balance of plant.
- Evaluate assigned contracts to identify, document, and manage key prime contract and subcontract risks in relation to scope, schedule, and terms through the life of the project
- Collaborate with Project Management, Sourcing, and Subcontractors towards compliant and timely execution of contracts and subcontracts
- Perform detailed prime contract and corresponding subcontract analyzes in response to emerging issues and draft appropriate notices and correspondence
- Develop negotiation strategies in conjunction with Project Management and key stake holders to refute claims against GE
- Identify and develop margin enhancing Change Orders, claims, and other recovery opportunities for GE
- Prepare for and participate in customer and subcontractor claim negotiations
- Manage major insurance claim opportunities
- Maintain prime contract and subcontract documents, amendments, change orders and other correspondence
- Improve and further develop processes and policies around identification, qualification, tendering, and evaluation / award process for subcontracting construction of wind turbine-based generation facilities
- Work closely with sales and commercial team to secure cost estimates for subcontracted work and to feedback lessons learned in execution
- Provide portfolio level assessment of subcontractor performance including risks, opportunities, and productivity
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in a technical field or business
- Minimum 5 Years contract management experience in the power industry
- Minimum 3 Years’ experience in the qualification, tendering, negotiation, and management of installation and construction subcontracts for wind turbine-based power generation projects
- Fluency in English and Japanese with strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel throughout Asia
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Experience with OEM, Developer or EPC in power industry
- Extensive experience assessing and managing portfolio level subcontractor risk, performance and prosecuting subcontractor claims and negotiating amicable settlements.
- Master’s degree (MBA or equivalent preferred)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Relocation Assistance Provided: No