Data provides you with an opportunity to impact the evolution of the entire entertainment industry!
Gracenote is an information and technology provider powering the world’s top services and companies with leading databases of TV, movie, music and sports metadata. Our customers include innovators like Apple, Google, Spotify, M-GO and Hulu, top consumer electronics and cable companies Over the past 2 years, the company has grown to more than 1800 employees in 20 countries that share a true passion for data. Such as LG, Comcast and DirecTV, as well as leading automotive manufacturers such as Ford and Toyota all over the world. Every day, Gracenote’s technology serves billions of requests to hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Simply put, we help people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love.
In this role you will:
- Create or edit database information for movies, TV shows, sports and other entertainment events for Japan markets.
- Research and populate information such as cast and crew, awards and ratings.
- Review and corrects new show and movie records created daily in the Content department.
- Translate English to Japanese
- Write and rewrite synopsis for movies, shows and episodes.
- Investigate, confirm and document questionable program content through research.
- Maintain accurate database information and provide updating of outdated information.
- Ensure the accuracy of database information and authenticity of program information.
- Ensure timely delivery of accurate and reliable information.
- Initiate and maintain effective relationships with programming information providers and stations.
- Weekly on-call duties to monitor playoff updating, last-minute updating and / or weather cancellations.
Requirements / Skills:
- Near-native skills of the Japanese language grammar and spelling, with impeccable writing and verbal communications skills.
- A background in journalism, copywriting or translation is a plus.
- High quality-focused individual with high level of attention to details.
- Must be able to work accurately under deadlines.
- Must have keyboarding and Windows / Office proficiency.
- Must be organized and possess the ability to set priorities on his / her own.
- Good English skills (Listening and Reading) are required.
- Good knowledge of Japanese television and VOD programming preferred, and most importantly a love for movies.
- Excellent keyboarding skills.