Job Title: CMI strategist, Japan
Segment / Business Unit: Petcare / Mars Japan
Job Level: T1
Location / Site: TOK / Shinagawa
Line Manager: Strategic Demand Director
Job Purpose / Overview
This position takes a lead in the Mars Japan consumer, shopper and market understanding activities via research and analysis for assigned category / brand / project and co-pilot the multi-function team to deliver the project that rooted in deep understanding of the category and the local consumer / shopper insight. This position is NOT just the research specialist nor the data analyst.
- Co-pilot the multi-function team to create, maximize and deliver projects that rooted in deep consumer, shopper, and market understanding.
- Lead the consumer, shopper and market understanding from business question identification to driving multi-functions to apply learnings into plans / executions. The consumer, shopper, and market understanding work is not limited to proprietary researches, but includes secondary researches such as the panel data analysis (Intage SRI, Macromill QPR) as well as sales data (eg POS).
- Accountable for developing the consumer, shopper, and market learning plan for assigned categories / brands / projects.
- Accountable for deliverables and WoW with partner investigation (research investigation, panel data investigation) to manage the research design and execution with excellence.
- Accountable for market size analysis based on multiple database and contribute business discussion with it.
- Recommend the CMI budget plan to T2 CMI manager, and manage to deliver the planned consumer / shopper understanding works within the aligned CMI budget.
- Input to CMI capability development through exploration and trial of new or improved research / analysis methodologies, knowledge coding / managing frameworks / tools.
- Connect and get updated with regional / global CMI community to collaborate upon necessity with help from T2 CMI manager.
- Co-lead multi-function team’s efficient WoW and building collaborative relationship to effectively implement the aligned plan.
Context and Scope
- This person decides consumer, shopper and market learning plans and execution for responsible categories. This person recommends the project strategy, plan, and directions to multi-function teams based on consumer, shopper, and market insight for Mars Japan business.
- This person also recommends the spending plan and priority of the consumer, shopper and market learning activities for the fiscal year and inputs to the CMI OGSM / functional capability development plan to T2 CMI manager.
- This person carries out his / her role by engaging multi-function teams (and regional / global CMI upon necessity).
- This person should demonstrate visible contribution to the function team’s effort to keep improving efficient and quality WoW.
Job Specifications / Qualifications
1. Education & Professional Qualification
Needs minimum 5 years’business experience including minimum 2 years of consumer research and market data analysis, or equivalent experience with strong achievement record.
2. Knowledge / Experience
Experience in collaborating with cross-functional members.
Needs strong communication skills in Japanese and fluent communication skills in English.
3. Physical / Mental Requirements
Be in healthy condition.
Level of role, Critical MLCs and Competencies
Level of Role
- Delivers Consistent Results
- Creates Collaborative Relationships
Key Supporting Competencies (4-6)
Dealing with ambiguity
Key Functional Competencies & Technical Skills (3-5)
Functional expertise: Understands and executes research effectively.
Functional expertise: Read and analyze market and consumer data (POS panel, consumer panel) for broader perspective.
Functional expertise: Generates and deploys insight with impact.