You will be responsible for providing client services to our DataGX clients in Japan. Within the client service team, you will manage client queries and change requests, support client users, and work closely with regional operations teams to ensure successful service delivery. You will also work closely with the Relationship Management team who maintain the overall relationship between State Street and our clients
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of a global, cross-divisional group supporting State Street Alpha SM.
State Street AlphaSM redefines the common definition of’alpha’ to mean powering better performance and outcomes at every point on the investment lifecycle and is the first open platform from a single provider that connects the front, middle and back office. It harmonizes data, technology and services across trusted providers to help our clients better manage their businesses.
Join us if making your mark in an ever-changing, increasingly complex and competitive industry is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Client Services Assistant Vice President you will
- Support the delivery of DataGX services to the client
- Provide subject matter expertise on State Street’s Data Management solution.
- Provide clients with analysis and technical consulting on how best to access and meet data needs across various stakeholders.
- Provide in-depth analysis and technical support to clients.
- Escalate and communicate effectively on issues / problems to the Client and to State Street management. Ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution.
- Spend time in our Clients offices to understand their business needs, build long-term partnerships and provide training.
- Ensure the DataGX Operations team executes all daily checks, investigates discrepancies and ensures daily resolution of all data quality exceptions.
- Manage and monitor service delivery against Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Assist in the onboarding process of new client accounts.
- Act as the point at which relevant client queries relating to DataGX are tracked, with proactive management to ensure timely response and resolution.
- Work with clients to analyze and document the clients business requirements.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to analyze on the spot
- Good team working skills.
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills to a wide range of audience.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in finance, business, technology or equivalent
- 7+ years relevant industry experience
- Asset management experience, including investment operations is recommended.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the asset management industry, gained through working in a variety of asset management disciplines.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of standards, methodologies, processes, systems and technology necessary to support investment management operations.
- Excellent technical ability
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
- PC literate –Strong Word and Excel skills necessary.
- Experience in writing SQL preferred, but not necessary
- Able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Business level of Japanese language proficiency both in speaking and writing
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the assets of millions of people.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly Welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers