Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology Underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
JOB TITLE – Merchandiser Manager
REPORTS TO – Merchandising Director
LOCATION – Japan office – Tokyo
ORGANISATION UNIT – LG / SLG / ACC, Merchandising
SCOPE OF JOB – Maximizing the sales for Burberry direct products for both retail, distributions and enhancing / up-grading the brand image in local market with the liaison of Burberry UK merchandising team.
CONNECTING WITH OTHERS: Collaborate daily with internal Merchandising team, and with cross-functional peers.
To deliver the business plan in line with the Company strategy for the Product range, utilising the support and strength within the Merchandising team, coaching and leading the team to success
- Own and drive Critical Path for their business area to drive Product range development and implementation of Global Brand buy.
- Partner effectively with cross functional team (Product Development, Planning, Global Sourcing, Visual Merchandising, Marketing, Digital), influencing on key decisions to deliver the strategic direction for the category and to protect the brand
- Lead and manage a merchandising team (inspire, motivate, coach, nurture and develop)
- Develop and present the range plan including pricing, COO and competition strategy with the support of the Merchandiser / Merchandising assistant (s) and validate with Director of Merchandising.
- Present Brand buy to Regional teams for Market Opening.
- Partner with Service and Productivity to develop strong product knowledge training for the category.
- Create effective working relationships with Regional Merchandising team to gain product feedback and market research.
- Analyse weekly / monthly sales reports and propose appropriate action to take.
- Own retail pricing positioning in line with margin targets and competition strategy.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring range plan in line with development targets.
- Own commercial samples ordering process and budget.
QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE / PERSONAL PROFILE
- Strong merchandising experience and retail mindset.
- Passion for product / fashion trends.
- Demonstrates high commercial instinct.
- Strong analytical and retail maths skills.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
SALES / MARGIN RESULTS for the category
BRAND BUY congruency%
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Japan || Not Applicable || Tokyo || Merchandising || Merchandising || n / a ||