The Summer Intern role mirrors the experience of a full-time Equity Analyst, conducting basic research to make buy and sell recommendations on stocks. The Intern will be assigned a discrete industry sector and group of stocks (approximately 3-8) to analyse. The Intern will have full and sole responsibility for those stocks and access to all resources available to a full-time Analyst. The Intern will also have access to Equity Analysts covering related sectors and will be assigned a Portfolio Manager mentor. The Summer Intern will also have Regular communication with a Director in Equities. Training resources are available as required.
At the end of the internship, the Intern will present his / her findings and provide investment recommendations to our Portfolio Managers and Analysts. A full-time offer will be extended to those candidates who demonstrate the aptitude, passion and desire it takes to become a successful full-time Equity Analyst.
- Deeply analyse a sector and group of companies, conducting management meetings and proprietary research, building industry and financial models, leveraging third party expertise, and much more.
- Develop differentiated insights on sector and stocks. Identify key drivers and generate high-conviction conclusions on the outcome of each driver and resulting impact on stock performance.
- Clearly articulate your views in written notes and slides, presenting final conclusions to our Equity Analysts and Portfolio Managers.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- 1st year MBA candidate.
- Candidates with superior undergraduate academic records from all majors are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for investment management and equity. Previous work experience in finance is not required.
- Highly self-motivated, thrive when given autonomy
- Strong work ethic and desire to make an impact
- Excellent analytical skills; able to think logically, critically & quickly
- Intellectually curious
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Second Asian Language is an asset (for Asia only)
How to apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter and one-page stock pitch through careers.fidelityinternational.com by Friday, December 4th 2020, 11:59pm New York Time. In your application, please state your reasons for applying to Fidelity International, our Equity Research Analyst Internship Program and your geographical preference.
We are committed to being an inclusive and diverse company to work for and strive to create a culture where flexible working is encouraged so that we retain and attract the best talent by offering working patterns that suit both individual and business needs.