We are looking for a Program Specialist to work alongside our Community Operations team in Japan to design and handle content production for customers and our support team. This multifaceted role requires a customer-first mentality, content and writing expertise, and a positive, solution- oriented demeanor.
You will lead a diverse set of copywriting requests and content updates under tight timeframes, working closely with various business partners in Uber Japan. You will have an opportunity to strongly influence customer sentiment during moments that matter by deciding what we will say to them, and in what kind of way. To succeed in this role, you will need to:
- Develop content strategies: You will establish strategical approaches to improve In-app and web-based Help Center for riders, drivers, restaurant partners, and Eats customers in Japan; internal Support Knowledge Base articles and flows for customer support representatives.
- Make it easy for readers to find content: You will develop structure / framework of support content to improve the discoverability of our content and help our readers find the answers in the right place at the right time.
- Evolve our existing support materials constantly: You will handle content programs to ensure our support content is simple yet comprehensive enough. The right answer will satisfy our customers’ needs and is 100% up to date.
- Lead content production to deliver high-quality content efficiently: You will partner with content writers to build content for customers and Uber’s customer support representatives in the form of internal blogs, FAQ webpages, and app articles. You will add value by helping to set the right tone and manner for this content.
About the Team
The APAC Community Operations Team at Uber is there to assist customers in the moments that matter. We communicate with thousands of driver partners, riders, restaurants, delivery partners, and consumers every day to ensure they have a seamless experience with Uber.
The APAC Content Team is responsible for owning the wealth of our customer support content — from Uber’s Help Center () to our agent knowledge base, and everything in between. You will have an opportunity use content to delight our customers and build intuitive, delightful experiences. You will be joining a highly-engaged, collaborative team that is passionate about making our customer experiences better every day. What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
What you’ll need:
- Strong communication and writing skills: Demonstrates strong verbal, written skills in English and local / native language.
- Critical thinking and problem solving: You proactively link operation insights in a numerical way to think critically on how to shape content for readers.
- Proven stakeholder leadership skills: You are experienced working in a diverse environment, proactive in speaking your mind, and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Lead and propose projects together with support Managers: Lead end to end content production improvement projects execution, including collaborating closely with cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or related field.
- 1-2 years of content writing experience in a fast-changing business environment.
- Working in a fast-paced or customer support environment would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in managing support content or an online forum is a huge plus.
- Relevant project management experience to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.