Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions While maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2019 revenues of approximately $ 9.3 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA
He / she will be part of the Logistics team in ensuring the proper discharge of requirements by service providers and conduct process evaluation. This includes attending to all transportation and logistics matters for the specified key customer accounts, providing relevant periodic business reports for management decision- making.
- Manage and Co-ordinate the daily operations including freight, Customs Clearance and local transportation arrangements
- Ensure the correct mode, timing of shipments, and the correct carrier is used, to meet customer requested delivery date
- Work with external service providers such as freight forwarders, shipping lines, warehouses and internal functions such as customer service representative (CSR), and product planners to effect shipments, be it domestic or export.
- Resolve any operational execution matters in order not to have impact on customers, and Communicate any possible delays to appropriate parties, and where possible, provide alternatives. He / She will act as the Japan Import Co-ordinator, and work with Global and Regional Logistics He / She will help resolve any issues faced on Customs Clearance and Import paperwork., CSRs, and Product Planners on imports and domestic Japan distribution.
- Report any additional transport related cost to supervisor and finance team. He / She will also provide any insights on systemic customer delivery challenges, or port congestion to management.
- Co-ordinate customer insurance claims where shipments are impacted upon arrival, liaise with surveyors and insurance agents on all claim matters impacting Japan customers. He / she will work with the Logistics Representative-Procurement to handle all supplier claims for all modes of transportation and ensures that all are handled professionally, impartial and in a timely manner.
- Investigate complaints / non-conformances related to service and delivery reliability impacting customers in Japan; reply and document preventive actions. He / she will liaise closely with the Complaint Advocate and the service providers for on-time complaint resolution, meeting the set goals and responsible for flawless customer claim investigation.
- He / she will be an integral part of GSC and the core focus is to provide all aspects of delivery and service excellence. In managing these functions. Work closely within Global Supply Chain (GSC) in developing sound business processes and documentation in seeking operational excellence. , he / she will work with several corporate, regional, and site groups and outsourced logistics service providers.
Min Degree holder
- Min 2 to 3 years’ experience working in a similar position or related industry
- Ability to read and converse in business English
- Excellent analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of the various business models and processes
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task and deliver high quality results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.