The New verticals Merchant Operations Manager role is a unique opportunity to build and scale best-in-class processes and tools across a growing portfolio of merchants. You will have a direct impact on the success of one of Uber Eats’fast growing countries and drive a step-change in the evolution of food delivery business.
This is a critical role as it interfaces between our merchants and our internal processes to optimise the product experience. This operations-driven role calls for a combination of creative problem solving, process-driven and action-oriented mentality.
What You’ll Do
As a Merchant Operations Manager, you will:
- Develop & Optimise Processes: Uber is a company that moves quickly and does things at large scale. You will be responsible for design of merchant onboarding and lifecycle processes to fuel growth and efficiency
- Merchant Partner Relations: Manage partner development, product rollouts, monitor metrics, and ensure high-quality system experience for merchants and users alike
- Product Improvement: Keen eye for new features to improve our merchants and users’ experience. Work directly with global product operation team to develop solutions for Japan
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Strategy Consulting, Operations and Trading / Banking, or other relevant background
- Mastery of Excel is required, SQL and Salesforce a plus
- Proven experience contributing to cross-functional project teams, and ease working with multicultural stakeholders
- High level of initiative and autonomy, passion for the on-demand delivery space
- Business Japanese a must, Business level English a strong plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.