Plans and leads deployment of applications, associated tools and best practices with an initial focus on Containers platform by SWARM and K8S, and CI / CD by Atlassian tool stacks and Azure DevOps. Provides technical leadership and design, development, implementation and consulting to the organization To improve end-to-end delivery speed. Responsible to plan, lead, document and integrate complex tool software and features strategies and solutions with related technical groups. Conducts complex problem prevention, resolution and integration planning.
- For straightforward problems, designs solutions including security, availability and performance
- Plans and executes broad resolutions to recurring problems and regulatory changes
- Troubleshoots issues after escalation on within technical area of responsibilities
- Handles moderately complex communication with technical and business partners outside engineering group
- Function tests new solutions and tool releases and fixes, including compatibility testing and documentation of steps and issues.
- Performs advanced tests and documents best practices, including plans upgrade and path deployments
- Partners with application development, operations and customers to identify needs, opportunities and solutions, for example using advanced features
- Acts as a point of contact for global teams to ensure local and global best practice align
- Establishes and updates local standards and best practice within own technical area
- Partners with application development and security teams to modernize policies, rules and processes
Requirements (Experience, Skills, Education)
TYPICAL EXPERIENCE AND KEY COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 10 or more years work experience in IT.
- 6 years or more experience within content management as a developer, administrator, engineer, consultant or a middleware technologist in WebSphere, Containers and Bamboo
- Communicates effectively within the engineering team and with other technical and business teams
- Has the motivation and ability to carry out complex problem-solving to resolution.
- Has the aptitude for planning, implementing and debugging software and related tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Japanese.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to effectively convey concepts to business and technology peers as well as senior management.
- Highly motivated to learn new technologies and evaluate its application in MetLife Japan.
- Well organized and able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple large, complex projects in a team setting as a facilitator and team member.
- Must have certification or equivalent experience on designing, building, configuring and managing Container platform and CI / CD platform
- Docker Swarm and DTR
- Azure kubernetes service
- Bamboo, Bitbucket, Artifactory,
- Must have hands on experience with designing, building, configuring, integrating and managing key components of fully automated tool stack
- Version control software (eg Bitbucket)
- Binary Repositories (eg Artifactory)
- CICD (eg Bamboo)
- Vaulting service
- Testing (eg jUnit)
- Must have experience designing, building, configuring and managing Apache and other opensource based middleware
- Apache HTTP Server
- Apache tomcat
English: Advanced / Intermediate