This role must be comfortable interfacing, interacting, and supporting multiple teams and working with business managers, application developers, data architects, data scientists, business analysts, and project managers, at local, regional and global levels. The ideal candidate has a passion for Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority. Latest technologies, industry standards, localization, significant experience in technical architecture (especially of InsureTech, FinTech), enjoys working in a self-directed environment.
- You will be responsible for the architecture of all projects.
- You will deliver architecture solutions by assessing the technological landscape to identify solutions and opportunities, compare, analyze, and document the outcomes.
- Set the direction for adopting technologies that are in line with Group standards and meeting the requirements.
- Serve as technical and functional architect for projects and support Application Owners
- Work with Application Owners and Regional / Corporate counterparts to create architectural design with hands-on approach
- Create and own the documentation of architecture design and solutions
- Conduct architecture review meetings, presentations with Region / Corporate counterparts and acquire approvals for the architecture solutions
- Defend the design of planned systems at Regional or Corporate architectural review meetings
- Create and maintain Enterprise Architecture Department portal / repository for information management and sharing
- Perform research and develop of working prototypes & PoCs to prove the concepts and present to EA & business leaders
- Perform solution comparisons / analyzes and present the results to operators
- Create technical papers outlining vision and best practices for a subject area
- Contribute to Architecture Review Board meetings with presentations & demonstrations
Required Skills and Experiences:
- 5-10 years professional experience as an architect (application / function) or in a similar role
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in designing and building Web API / microservices
- Familiarity with latest web technologies in the areas of API / cloud / digitization
- Demonstrable experience in making technical presentations to local business leaders / regional / corporate teams
- Experience in working with infra teams and knowledge on infra and h / w technologies
- Experience in working with security teams and knowledge on cyber security is desirable
- Exposure to data science fundamentals and familiarity with tools & technologies like Domino
- Fluent English and business-level Japanese for communication with internal IT and non-IT teams, external development partners and 3-rd party solution providers
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering (Computer Science, Information Systems or related)
Expected soft-skill profile:
- Ability to drive architectural decisions, incorporate business and technology strategy into architectural solutions proposals
- Ability to deal with vague requirements, rapid iterations; be nimble and take smart risks.
- Ability to educate others with persuasion and passion
- Credibility and confidence when presenting and communicating
- Willingness to challenge the status quo, suggest new approaches to old problems, promote continuous improvement and creativity
- Result-driven, eager to own activities, attention to details, and be responsible