Our Appeals & Escalations team leverages CS expertise across functions holistically providing exceptional service and reducing brand risk by handling the most critical contacts. We aim to drive efficiency by broadening service integration through closed loop feedback in collaboration with key operators across Airbnb.
The Appeals & Escalations associate will work closely with global stakeholders and e-staff to ensure brand risk cases are managed and mitigated as customer service integrity is preserved. This role will report to the Appeals & Escalations Team Lead and will partner with Appeals & Escalations Coordinators within the region to handle urgent and sensitive cases.
Their duties include, but are not limited to, full case management of sensitive cases, reviewing incoming cases, triaging to appropriate service teams and providing recommended solutions to ensure quality resolutions. You will model expertise with a firm understanding of CS knowledge to efficiently assess all the cases.
We’re looking for candidates who are excellent communicators, able to quickly identify root causes, confident working with stakeholders and comfortable consistently operating with ambiguity. We also need you to demonstrate a high level of autonomy and resilience, multitasking and be able to both receive and provide constructive feedback in order to continuously improve.
- Handle highly sensitive, complex and confidential cases concurrently, often when there is no clear path to resolution
- Use the A & E Playbook / Intake scoring matrix to triage and assign incoming escalation tickets from multiple sources, keeping a brand protection mindset, making sure to relay critical information relevant to each case
- Use sound decision quality to determine how to triage each case, individually. These will include within the team, de-escalating to volume tiers, and forwarding to relevant cross functional teams within established SLAs
- Meet performance expectations regularly and manage time efficiently in order to handle multiple workstreams (tickets, queues, initiatives, reports, correspondence, stakeholder management, etc),
- Be a subject matter expert of Airbnb policies and procedures, being quickly able to locate and utilize resources in order to solve problems and answer stakeholders effectively
- Consistently demonstrate effective communication with our community, including teammates, users and stakeholders
- Take ownership of all assigned cases, ensuring a complete final settlement (or settlement, final decision, etc) is reached
- Help support our community and the entire global A & E team by communicating business critical information in the global A & E channel, regularly taking regional handoff cases, and ensuring cases handed off meet the proper criteria
- Support the Appeals and Escalations Coordinators in providing input for Shared Services to ensure service integrity and improvement
- Nimble Learning: You embrace new challenges and quickly learn the additional skills, resources and strategies needed to succeed. You’re versatile and open to change when business needs or processes shift. You learn from both mistakes and accomplishments, and proactively seek out opportunities to improve. You’re a self starter who is comfortable taking on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks, asking for help as needed.
- Communicating Effectively: You are an excellent written and oral communicator, and understand the importance of adjusting your communication accordingly, based on your audience. You are proficient and confident with basic email etiquette and functionality. You’re an active listener, able to clearly communicate. complex information in both 1-1 and group settings, with peers and stakeholders. You welcome the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
- Customer Focus: As we often receive cases after a user has had an extremely poor experience, it is critical that you are able to quickly take control of the situation and gain the trust of the user, while keeping a brand protection mindset. You use creativity and ingenuity to identify ideal outcomes in each particular case. You also understand the limitations of our service and appropriate boundaries, and are comfortable saying no or upholding decisions, when appropriate.
- Action Oriented: You readily take on challenges and handle them with grace and a positive attitude. You take ownership of your work, making sure to follow through timely and completely. You’re able to perform at a high level, even during times of uncertainty. . You’re comfortable handing off / taking on incomplete tasks, when necessary.
- Decision Quality: You are able to quickly review cases and provide professional summaries or recommendations to diverse audiences. You can quickly cut through the clutter to identify root causes of issues. You rely on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions. You consider all relevant factors and use appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. You understand when cutting your losses is the best solution, and can explain why.
- 2+ years experience in high-touch Community Support role required
- Availability to work 40 hours a week, available to work weekend and / or different shifts
- Fluency both in English and Japanese