Discover an exotic culture, learn Japanese and live a lifestyle you never could before! Teach English to adults and children in Tokyo and have the adventure of a lifetime!
Whether you want to relax in a maid café, explore the natural wonders or binge on seafood, Japan has so much to do that you can’t do it all in one year.
A large portion of the adult students fall in the pre-intermediate category. About half the students are children.
Teachers may also teach at a few different locations in a week, which adds some variety, and travel costs will be paid by the school.
The majority of the schools are located in the Kanto region, which is essentially the Greater Tokyo / Yokohama metropolitan area. Schools are typically small, with two, three or four classrooms. Few schools have more than five classrooms, while some even have just one ..
- A passport from the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, or South Africa.
- A bachelor degree or higher.
- A CELTA / DELTA or a recognized 120-hour TEFL certificate with at least 6 months of teaching experience.
- You are open-minded, enthusiastic and positive.
Salary and Benefits
- 245,000+ yen ($ 2350) per month depending on experience and qualifications.
- 20 days holiday.
- Sponsored visa for full-time teachers.
- Comprehensive training.
- 12 month contract.
- 5 days a week with two consecutive weekdays off.
- 29 teaching hours per week.
- Workdays are roughly 12-9 PM with no more than 6.5 hours of actual teaching per day.
- Any time outside of teaching and preparation is break time.
New teachers get support and guidance from the Director of Studies, who is a native English speaker. All teaching materials and the curriculum are provided by the school.
We feel that it is important that teachers who teach with us in Asia have a well-rounded experience. We encourage our teachers to explore the local culture and neighboring countries during their time with us.
Our Head Offices are populated with teachers who have grown and developed with the company and then moved up into varying roles such as teacher management, teacher training, teacher recruitment, marketing and sales.
With over 500,000 alumni, 85,000 current students, and 1000 teachers, we know this will be the experience of a lifetime!
For questions, please send a message to.