Main Mission of Job
- Business Finance team is a group of independent and trusted business partners to the businesses and functions the person supports.
- Each of them plays a role of CFO to the business unit, the business group, or the functions of the company.
- The person will lead development of sound financial plans and forecasts, help define business KPIs and implement monitoring process, and will play a key role in important investment / trade-off decisions.
- The person will also be a reliable team member in Finance & Strategy function helping accomplishment of the enterprise-wide mission and goals
- Work closely with business / function leaders and the team members in developing financial plans and forecasts while working closely with the counterparts in APAC and Global business unit
- Effectively & timely manage monthly, quarterly, and annual planning and reporting requirements.
- Closely monitor revenue and margin performance of the businesses / functions, search and understand the drivers behind the numbers, and identify actionable insights and bring them into actions.
- Understand what constitutes cost structure of businesses / functions, closely monitor progress and control when necessary by promoting reasonable trade-off.
- Always familiarize him / herself on the latest financial planning tools, financial requirements, reporting schedules and help alignment among stakeholders including business / function leaders
- Constructively challenge business / function leaders when adequate from finance point of view. One of examples is something that may hurt in short-term but important from long-term point of view.
- Collaborate with accounting and other teams in Finance to ensure financials we present are in line with the rules and guidelines according to the world-wide finance manual and other important rules.
- Drive compliance, financial discipline and integrity from finance point of view.
Education / Skills
- BA or MBA in relevant areas
- Solid accounting / finance knowledge
- IT proficiency-Microsoft Office Excel, and Powerpoint
- Business level fluency in Japanese language is essential
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as Finance Professional
- Leadership mentality and behavior
- Strong curiosity for business
- Strong communication skills both in English and Japanese are required
- Sound and balanced interpersonal skills
- Ability to simplify complexity and logically communicate the idea
- Ability to work across teams and deliver results
- Be proactive, agile and flexible to meet deadline and multple demands under pressure
Good to Have
Education / Skills
- CPA or BOKI degree 2 or above
- IT proficiency-SAP, Business Object or other ERP / BI tools
- Knowledge in relevant areas such as finance, accounting, marketing, medical industry etc
- Experience in relevant areas such as accounting & tax, commercial finance, marketing
- Experience in medical industry
To change the medical care of the world.
Medtronic provides medical technology, treatments and services to “relieve people’s pain, restore their health and prolong their lives.” We continue to take on challenges every day with the aim of realizing a better tomorrow. Medtronic is a workplace full of exciting and rewarding work for workers.
In order to create meaningful technological innovation, we aim to speedily realize our strengths in technological capabilities. For that purpose, excellent human resources are indispensable. Medtronic addresses medical challenges on a global scale and helps improve patients’ lives. Let’s build the future together. Since developing the world’s first battery-powered extracorporeal cardiac pacemaker in 1957, we have continued to lead the world with innovative products in the cardiovascular field.
- Posting Date: Dec 17, 2020
- Travel: Yes,