Overall responsibilities and duties:
For his own perimeter on a given program the Product Design Engineer & Customer Interface will be a support Engineering Manager for following activities:
- Technical window in front of customers.
- Contribution to the development of new products, in line with schedule, process, quality and cost targets.
The main missions of the role are:
- Understand customer technical specifications, to discuss and to address them according to current or future technical solutions developed by Faurecia.
- Clarify and explain customers’ specifications to Development teams.
- Promote and explain to customers the choices and technical solutions proposed by Faurecia.
- Participate to RFS / RFI / RFQ process and ensure the customers’ expectations are taken in account and appropriate compromise is made as needed.
- Lead the Design Review events at customers and ensure the content and format meets requirements
- Actively participate to the creation of design concepts and alternative design solutions.
- Ensure the conformity of the different technical answers to customers.
- Act as the main communication channel to the customers in Japan for technical matters (with Technical Manager support, as needed).
- The management responsabilities consist in giving direction to CAD Engineers on data creation and data submission as required.
The ideal candidate will have / be:
- Minimum education level: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience as customer interface
- Good knowledge of seat / frame design within an industrial environment, ideally in the automotive industry
Skills and competencies
- Team player with strong communication skills
- International mind set
- English & Japanese required