Amazon.co.jp is looking for a senior product manager who is a customer-centric, data driven and strategic thinking with a proven track record with driving new product launch and / or growth in a cross-functional environment. In Consumables products, e -commerce penetration is relatively lower compared against other categories and we see a large opportunity for new selection and improving customer experience in purchasing products on Amazon.co.jp. This role focuses on developing new products & program in mobility and personal care categories and offers an exciting opportunity to build innovative customer experience in a highly regulated category by closely collaborating across multiple functions including software development engineers, product / program managers and business intelligence in both domestic and international regions.
In this role, you will have an ownership of product management in product areas of a new program, one of key areas includes customers identity management and data protection for customers’ safety and trust. You will dive deep existing Amazon technology stack to understand software component You will also develop customer experience strategy, create working backwards documents to communicate, influence and gain alignment from relevant teams around the world. That carries customer data and how each software communicates the data, and develop tech solution with relevant tech teams to meet security requirements. You will closely work with teams in the US and other countries to leverage existing technologies to Japan specific requirements. You own a product roadmap creation in your area and drive prioritization process so that product and engineering teams can Effective work together to improve customer experience. You will have high visibility to senior management in Japan and the US to present product strategy and report the progress.
Your responsibilities will include:
1. Develop a product strategy in your owned area for great customer experience and drive key stakeholders like product managers, engineers, Legal, and InfoSec to launch.
2. Understand technical complexity of existing Amazon software in depth in working with tech teams, and develop solutions to remove frictions and conflicts towards product launch.
3. Influence and gain alignment with relevant stakeholders in JP / the US about the product strategy and achieve goals
4. Write working backwards documents on customer experience, requirement documents and business reports to ensure clear communication and coordination among internal stakeholders on goals and progress.
5. Make decisions when facing difficult conflicts even with limited information to keep our customer experience bar high.
This role is highly cross-functional and owns an important part of a company-wide initiative. You must think big, and at the same time are expected to be hands-on to dig into technical challenges that impede your programs’ success.
A successful candidate needs to be a customer obsessed, think big, data and fact driven, have willingness to dive deep in areas you are not familiar with, and ability to make difficult tradeoffs when facing conflicts.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Business Level English and Japanese
· 3+ years in a product / program management role
· Ability to deal with ambiguity, and respond flexibly to changes, in a very fast paced, international environment
· Manage prioritization and trade-offs across customer experience, performance, and operational support load
· Demonstrated ability to create a strategy for a best-in-class customer experience and align stakeholder to your strategy.
· Relentless commitment for business goals and delivering results by influencing others and rolling up your sleeves.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the organization.
· Experience in managing a project / leading a team related to software development efforts, distributed systems and / or developing large scale web applications
· 3+ years experience in healthcare industry
· 3+ years experience in software development, system integration