Manager, Tokyo Entertainment and Influencer Marketing
Area Global Brands
Department Global EIM, Tokyo EIM
Reporting Line Senior Director, Global EIM
Indirect / secondary reporting line Japan / Director, Brand Activation
Subsidiary / Country Japan
GSMS Grade M4
Bonus Target AR / BA
Number of Personnel Managed See most recent org chart
Cost Center / Budget and / or Revenue Responsibility Yes
Purpose & Overall Relevance
Responsible for strategically managing EIM category activity. Ensure effective communication flow between all internal parties and external counterparts. Assure relevant brand activity with Influencers and Entertainers.
- Build and maintain relevant and strong relationships within the Entertainment and Influencer industries
- Assure a strategic, proactive approach to celebrities and influencers who add value to the brand
- and our consumers and consistently evolved and add to the list
- Attend entertainment events and industry meetings for networking, when relevant.
- Build rapport with external Entertainment contacts while keeping adidas objectives a top priority
- Drive and implement strategic category plans led by each Director in conjunction with category and newsroom counterparts
- Interact with product marketing, brand marketing, retail activation, public relations and event marketing as needed to execute plans. Manage all aspects of the execution plan.
- Identify opportunities to connect Influencers and entertainers to our brand through content creation, activations, campaign, seeding etc.
- Manage Influencers relationships ie. appearances, production days, content creation.
- Develop and manage EIM integration through strategic placement and targeting of specific brand Initiatives.
- Review and select programming for involvement, assure timely product fulfilment, and obtain placement
- documentation for internal reporting.
- Leverage marketing integration to drive key commercial opportunities at own retail, wholesale partners, etc.
- Act as EIM department lead in absence of Senior Manager or Director
- Manage events within lead categories
- Maintain a strong awareness within EIM industry, trends and activity
- Key City Activation team
Requested Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Project management skills and an ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and presentations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Knowledge of the music / fashion / style / entertainment industry
- High level of proficiency in Word, Excel, PPT and Outlook.
- Ability to make sound business decisions.
- Exercise professionalism at all times
- Strong organizational, problem solving, time management and resolution skills.
- Unconventional business hours may be required. (Evenings, weekends)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- University degree in Marketing, Advertising, or equivalent professional experience, ideally Marketing or Advertising
- 3-5 years of experience in related field
- Fluent in Japanese and English
At adidas we have a winning culture. But to win, physical power is not enough. Just like athletes our employees need mental strength in their game. We foster the athlete’s mindset through a set of behaviors that we want to enable and develop in our people and that are at the core of our unique company culture –the 3Cs: CONFIDENCE, COLLABORATION and CREATIVITY.
- CONFIDENCE allows athletes to make quick decisions on the field, to reach higher. For us at adidas confidence means acknowledging that we don’t have all the answers. But we are willing to take risks, we try new things. And if we fail, then this is part of our learning –it helps us improve.
- COLLABORATION. Every elite athlete relies on partners: coaches, teammates, and nutritionists. We, too, know that we are stronger together. Winning as one team takes open and candid dialogue, inclusiveness and trust in each other’s abilities and talents.
- Being the best sports company in the world takes CREATIVITY. No great athlete succeeds by copying their predecessors’ training plans and strategies. We have to be open to new ideas, explore, gain an edge and stand out. Only then can we succeed.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Manager, Entertainment & Influencer Marketing
TEAM: Marketing & Communications
Country / Region: JP
Contract Type: Full time